Founded in 1995, the Lycée Français de Shanghai (LFS) is a private school, managed by the Managing Committee of the Parents’ Association, and appointed by the Agency for French Education Abroad (AEFE, Agence pour l’enseignement français à l’étranger). The teaching programs follow the French curricula, and the decisions about the guidance of students are valid in all French schools, both abroad and in France.
The LFS has two campuses, one in Qingpu and one in Pudong, and welcomes over 1,500 students, from kindergarten to high school (Terminale).
The French School of Shanghai offers an internationally minded education to pupils from the French and international community. While the school follows the French Curriculum, the bilingual stream offers a split timetable English and French education. In their final two years, students may prepare for the International Option of the French Baccalaureate in English or Chinese
The school is looking for an enthusiastic and committed Native Secondary English teacher for the next school year.
CRITERIA FOR THE POST:
- Knowledge of, and experience of teaching at Secondary School levels
- An eagerness to understand and adopt the French Education system;
- A willingness to work with students using English as a Second Language or English as a Foreign Language;
- A good understanding of formative and summative assessment;
- A willingness to be involved in the wider life of the School and extracurricular activities