Smart Teachers is recruiting for a English Teacher. This is a full time and permanent role commencing January 2018. Our client school is a K-12 reputable Independent and coeducational school located in Western Sydney.
About the Role:
- Secondary English Teacher
- Prospect for Head of Department role
- Job Reference: #TES1710-522108LL
- Full time and permanent role
- Commencing January 2018
- Located in Western Sydney
About the School:
- School implements the Australian National Curriculum through new syllabuses developed by the Board of Studies which focus on the foundational core learning’s which prepare students for future success.
- Teaching staff ensure quality teaching, learning and assessment practices are supported with authentic professional learning.
- The holistic curriculum that is delivered transcends beyond the conservative teaching methods. It aims to cater to the emotional, intellectual, physical, technological and spiritual needs of the students so they become fully prepared to gracefully embrace achievements and confidently transform obstacles to opportunities.
About the Location:
Our client school is located in Western Sydney. It is approximately 40 kilometres (24 miles) from Sydney Central Business District. The location offers a shopping centre has over 200 stores, ranging from discount department stores to specialty shops. Other services such as a hospital, coffee shops, small bars, council-operated swimming pool and library are all located within walking distance of the railway station. It is easily accessible by public transport and roads.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria;
- Must hold a relevant tertiary qualification in Secondary Education
- Previous experience teaching English across Years 7-12 will be preferable
- Strong knowledge of the NSW or Australian Curriculum will be advantageous
- Be eligible to work in Australia (must have a visa)
- Be willing to contribute to co-curricular life and the school community
- Must be respectful of the school values and ethos
- Possess and provide 3 appropriate reference details and police clearances
The Benefits of Working with Smart:
We are a dedicated education recruitment agency that works closely with the independent and Catholic Schools across Australia sourcing talented teachers, leaders and support staff to fill a range of permanent and long term contract roles. We are a company of teachers who are passionate about facilitating the perfect match between school and candidate. To find out more about Smart please visit our website
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in Australia and meet all national safeguarding criteria. To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number #TES1710-522108LL
Please include your visa status on your CV or if you hold an Australian or New Zealand passport.
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £100 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and conditions apply).