Smart Teachers welcomes Australian and New Zealand trained teachers to apply for a Geography teacher to cover maternity leave in South West London. This is an all-girls secondary school with an outstanding Ofsted report, the UK’s governing body for standards in education . The Geography teacher will join a thriving Humanities department, starting in January 2020. This temporary contract is likely to run until the end of the academic year. This role is full time, working five days per week.
About the Role:
- Geography teacher
- Full time position covering maternity leave
- Teaching Geography across Years 7 - 11 five days per week
- Maternity cover starting in January 2020, until at least the end of the academic year
- Daily rate of $260 - $320 AUD - Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Bachelor of Education / Post Graduate Diploma of Education / or equivalent teaching degree with current teacher registration
About the School:
- A very inclusive secondary school located in South West London
- Outstanding OFSTED report, the UK’s governing body for standards in education
- Brand new front of house building, along with a new block which is home to the Modern Foreign Languages and ICT suites. In addition to this, much of the original building has been maintained, which has high ceilings and large classrooms
- Expansive outdoor space
- Excellent transport links, this school is easily accessible from various underground stations, including Hammersmith, Fulham Broadway and Putney. Located in zone 2, you can easily reach the school on a multitude of buses. Alternatively if you’re a driver, you may want to try public transport as the parking in this area is mostly reserved for residents
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / Post Graduate Diploma of Education / or equivalent teaching degree with current teacher registration
- Graduate Teachers are welcome to apply
- Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visas or eligible to apply - you can check here - https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa)
- Recent classroom-based references
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Dedicated Consultant
- Completely free service
- Monthly social events and profession development
- Access to free online PD
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
In order to apply for this role please email your CV quoting job reference number LXD15070GTKYB to email@example.com or click the ‘APPLY’ link below.
Please note only suitable applicants will be contacted.
For any questions call Karla - 07 3112 8566
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.