Secondary Teacher in German Language
Teachers at ICS are responsible for ensuring that their practice inside and outside the classroom is in harmony with the educational philosophy of the school. All teachers are members of departmental, grade level and secondary teams and as such share responsibility for positively supporting school change as outlined in the school’s strategic plan.
Teachers need to demonstrate a strong commitment to maintaining a collaborative culture within the school. In addition they need to embody an understanding of the social and emotional dimensions of learning.
Starting this school year and possibly beyond we are seeking a Substitute Teacher in German Language to support our German Language Department in Secondary on a part time.
- Teaching German classes from Grades 6 to 12
- Ensuring curriculum plans are up-to-date for the grade levels he/she teaches
- Contributing positively to the collaborative culture of his/her teams by being an engaged participant in team and secondary meetings
- Supporting the social and emotional well-being of the students in their classes
- Liaising with the Head of Department and IB Coordinators to ensure that programme requirements are met within the classes taught
- Ensuring assessments support ongoing learning and providing timely, relevant and appropriate feedback to students on formative and summative assessments
- Demonstrating effective classroom management that shows an understanding of the academic, social and emotional dimensions of learning
- Using technology to enhance learning and supporting the e-learning initiatives within the school
- Keeping parents informed about the learning of their children, and being pro-active in communication with parents
- Informing, in a timely manner that allows for early intervention, tutors and the Secondary Pastoral Oversight Team (SPOT) about issues of concern related to student welfare, achievement and behaviour
- Constructing learning activities that challenge students and demonstrate an understanding of the diverse needs of the students in their classes
- Recording and reporting student progress following the procedures established by the school
- Adhering to Secondary School deadlines
- Assisting, as requested, with cover of classes for absent colleagues
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 4 years recent and relevant Senior School classroom experience
- Knowledge and experience of the IB DP and MYP programmes
- Excellent English communication skills
- Competence in technology
- Strong organisational skills.
Terms and conditions
The generous salary and range of benefits will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate, with the overall package reflecting the importance of the position.
Interested candidates should email a full letter of application, a statement of personal educational philosophy, detailed resume/curriculum vitae, and three referees. The Head of School reserves the right to apply directly to the writers of open testimonials for confidential statements.
Applications should be addressed to:
Ms Mary-Lyn Campbell,
Head of School
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
ICS Inter-Community School Zurich
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of age 1 - 18 years