Secondary History Teacher
The successful candidate will have UK qualified teacher status and will work under the Head of History to teach all abilities from year 7 to year 13.
Due to the location and nature of the school, courses have been developed which are looking out from the UAE and the Arab World, and from September 2019, UAE Social Studies will also be part of the remit of the department.
This requires that courses are written and developed in the school. The successful applicant will be appreciative of Islamic culture and will be aware of the need to plan lessons and courses which show sensitivity to, and respect for, the role of Islam in the contemporary world. Department staff make full use of the generously equipped media resources facility to produce course work and individual learning materials.
The department teaches the Cambridge IGCSE syllabus and offers the Edexcel syllabus at AS and A-level.
Candidates who are called for interview will be asked to bring examples of resources they have prepared. Preference will be given to applicants with experience of current developments in historical education in the UK. We seek a teacher with imagination, flexibility and a love of geography who would welcome the opportunity to live and work in the stimulating and safe environment of Dubai and the UAE.
• UK qualified teacher
• Recent experience in a UK curriculum school to IGCSE and A-level
• Evidence of a positive and enthusiastic approach to student learning
• Team player
• A strong commitment to professional self-development
• The flexibility to deal with both very able pupils and those who experience
• An awareness of current UK educational developments at KS3, 4 and 5
• The ability to maintain good relationships with pupils, parents and staff
• Outstanding references
• An ability to offer a second subject
• An ability to offer extra-curricular activities
• Experience and training in teaching pupils working in a second language
Applications should be addressed to the Headmaster, Mr Glyn Kilsby, and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include:
C.V. and a letter of application, RSB Confidential Information Form
plus the names, addresses and contacts of two professional referees.
Please include the job title in the subject line of your e-mail or your application may be rejected by our spam filter. Applications without a letter of application will not be considered.
Closing Date for Applications is 25th February 2019