Holy Mary British Catholic School started as a Nursery School here in Madrid through the vision of its founders, Marta and María Riva de Aldama. It was opened to cater for parents who wished their children to have a British style education based on Catholic values. It expanded due to great demand from parents and continued to provide education as a Primary School. Further pressure from parents resulted in the opening of the Secondary School in 2013. Currently, we are the only British Catholic School towards the centre of Madrid with around 600 students enrolled from Nursery to Year 13. We are a committed member of NABSS, CISC and ACADE.
Holy Mary British Catholic School is growing and looking towards the future with an exciting drive for continued improvement, a creative and inclusive curriculum, highly supportive parents, excellent teachers, and fantastic children. We are a close and highly motivated group of teachers and non-teaching colleagues who create a warm and friendly learning environment for our pupils. We wish to recruit outstanding and inspirational class teachers to join our team of hard working and enthusiastic professionals.
Suitable candidates will have:
- Experience teaching up to and including GCSE in history and or geography
- The confidence and ability to offer additional subjects to KS3 level
- Preferably at least 2 years teaching experience
- EU citizenship (or a NIE)
- Qualified teacher status
- A shared commitment towards the safeguarding of all young people
- A curiosity towards and proactive tolerance of difference and change
Applicants should have:
· The ability to inspire young people
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· An excellence as a classroom practitioner who is caring, enthusiastic and committed
· High expectations of the achievement and behaviour of all children
· Good organizational and administrative skills, including proficiency with technology
- A diligent work ethic
- An awareness of the research findings of John Hattie and Carol Dweck
· A supportive attitude towards our Catholic ethos
We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to enjoy a life-style change that accompanies living and working in the beautiful, historic and cosmopolitan city of Madrid.
If you wish to apply please complete and send the online application form, a letter of application of no more than two sides of A4 with a current photograph, including the names, email addresses and phone numbers of three referees one of whom must be your present employer, to: email@example.com or to the TES portal
Final date for applications: Monday 16th August
Holy Mary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants are expected to organise and fund their own child protection screening procedures relevant to the post and prior to starting the post.
Holy Mary Catholic School - Junior/Senior Department
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 11 years