Secondary Learning Support Assistant
9.20 Per Hour
September 2019 – Ongoing
Vision for Education are currently recruiting a Secondary LSA in the South Sheffield/Chesterfield area to work within one of our partnered schools as Learning Support Assistant We are looking for energetic, and personable teaching assistants, who are self-motivated and able to work both as part of a team and on their own.
The role would include working with up to 3 Year 7 (11 years’ of age) Students with a range of Special Educational needs and disabilities, the needs being ASC, ADHD, Global Development Delay, Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Complex developmental delay, and Speech and Language difficulties. You will mainly be supporting one child with Autism who struggles with letter formation, but small group work, and timetabled support for other students will also be included. The position is full time, and will be on an ongoing basis, potentially up to 1 year.
To be considered for the position of Learning Support Assistant, you will:
• Hold Level 2 or above in Supporting Teaching and Learning in schools, or a minimum of one years’ experience in a permanent or long term role.
• Have experience working with Secondary School aged pupils.
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of Support Staff.
• Have a passion for supporting teaching and learning on a 1:1 or small group basis.
• Have a good working knowledge of SEND.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As Your Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated Secondary consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a qualified Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Sheffield Branch on 0114 243 5555