The British International School is a member of The British Schools Foundation, one of the largest networks of British international schools in the world with schools in Spain, China, Russia, Brazil, Uzbekistan, Malaysia, USA, Myanmar, and the Philippines.
The School opened its doors in September 2009 and has become increasingly popular. The roll is currently 1050 pupils, with 400 in the Secondary School. The Secondary School is located in a superb new campus in an attractive suburb of Kuala Lumpur, and will number 450 - 500 pupils in September 2017. The school prides itself on a happy atmosphere, and demonstrates high attainment academically, in performing arts and in sport. Our curriculum is based on, but not constrained by, the English National Curriculum.
We wish to appoint someone to work as part of our experienced learning support team to support individuals and small groups of pupils, in and outside of the classroom. You will work with the Head of Learning Support to address the needs of students who need help overcoming barriers to learning in order to achieve their full potential. No formal SEN training is necessary but you will have an understanding of the needs of upper primary and/or secondary learners.
Suitable candidates for this post will:
- Hold a good Honours Degree in a relevant subject
- Have worked with children across a range of age groups requiring a range of support
- Have experience of supporting children in the classroom, particularly with literacy and numeracy, e.g. as a teaching assistant in secondary or upper primary schools
- Have experience and knowledge of the English National Curriculum
- Ideally have some SEN experience - but this is not essential as training will be given
- Understand and communicate to all stakeholders how pupils can be best supported within and outside of the classroom
- Be able to work collaboratively and successfully with teaching colleagues and parents to ensure pupils are able to reach their full potential
- Be able to advise staff on appropriate support and intervention strategies
- Have the ability to work independently and with initiative
- Make an active contribution to the extra-curricular life of the school.
- Possess the ambition and enthusiasm to want to play a key role in shaping and developing an outstanding school.
The closing date is Thursday 22 June 2017, although earlier applications are encouraged; the school will review applications as they are received and may make an appointment ahead of this deadline.
Remuneration includes a competitive salary, housing, international medical cover, annual flights and relocation allowance.
To apply for this post please complete the online application form. Please visit our website www.britishschool.edu.my to find out more about the school.
The British Schools Foundation (BSF) and all BSF schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening including checks with past employers and an enhanced DBS is required.
The British International School
No. 1, Changkat Bukit Utama, Bandar Utama,
47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Tel: +6 03 7727 7775
World Class Education