EXPERIENCED TEACHER OF SECONDARY MUSIC REQUIRED FOR AUGUST 2017 START
A BSO ‘Outstanding School’ (March 2016), Modern English School Cairo is a well-established, international, coeducational, independent school located on a generously-equipped 8.2 acre landscaped campus in the emerging district of New Cairo. With over 2200 students, MES Cairo serves to develop the next generation of Egyptian leaders offering a pre-K through university preparatory academic programme.
We seek to recruit a dynamic and highly-competent teacher to join our successful Performing Arts Department to ‘Care, Challenge and Inspire’ our students. Alongside evident subject expertise, applicants ought to be confident in their use of technology in the classroom and have a sound understanding of how the study of music can help to advance critical thinking and independent learning skills. Teachers in this Department may teach the full age range in Secondary. Students graduate from MES Cairo to pursue further study in some of the finest universities in the world. We seek a teacher of Music who can support them in this aim, as well as foster a genuine love for the subject by facilitating excellent teaching and learning opportunities in the classroom.
Suitable candidates will be forward-thinking, creative, energetic, adaptable, well-presented classroom leaders with a draw to an active school life in a vibrant, diverse and exciting city.
The benefits package includes:
- One year contract (renewable)
- Tax free salary in Pounds Sterling (25% converted to local currency)
- Monthly accommodation allowance
- Extensive support with accommodation and orientation upon arrival
- Annual flight
- Free local and subsidised international health insurance
- Free education for dependent children
- Settling-in allowance
- July and August vacation (paid)
- Free transportation to and from school
- End of Service gratuity
- Access to quality professional development and support
- An opportunity to be part of a very professional team of educators
To apply, and for more information about MES Cairo please access our online application system at: www.mescairo.com/employment.
Salary scale and benefits package will be sent to those shortlisted for interview.
Closing date for applications: Saturday 10th December.
MES Cairo is committed to safe recruitment practices.