GEMS International School Tropicana Metropark is located in the outskirts of the safe, modern and vibrant capital city of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. We are a growing COBIS-member school, in our third academic year, and we are looking for an enthusiastic and creative Secondary Physical Education Teacher (Years 7-12) with GCSE experience for an August 2020 start.
What Can You Expect?
• Our children are caring, respectful and love learning - you will spend your time teaching and nurturing them to be great people.
• To work with only qualified teachers who all have UK QTS or equivalent.
• Supportive families who are ready to work with you and take on advice.
• A British school system: a robust safeguarding system, house system and points, CAT4, GL Assessments Progress Tests, Cambridge IGCSEs and A Levels, co-curricular and inter-school activities.
• Beyond the classroom, we work with students on enriching experiences and co-curricular activities – students from FS1 to Year 12 take part in activities to pursue their interests every day and have the chance to develop and explore new ones.
• Regular CPD from British teachers via Cambridge Assessments and other external providers.
• Invitations to contribute to school-life development, so if you are aspirational or if you have a wealth of expertise that you enjoy sharing, you will love the opportunities that our new campus and community offer.
• A professional and caring atmosphere – we have high expectations and your mental health is important to us too.
• A new school with experience – we have an individual identity, but benefit from lessons learned in our organisation so are more established than our age suggests.
• Travel – with close by GEMS schools in Penang and Singapore and through associations of international schools in South East Asia, we train, collaborate and take part in friendly competitions.
• A rigorous safeguarding culture – GEMS International School is committed to safeguarding children and young people through safer recruitment practices. The school’s recruitment protocols adhere to the compliance requirements set for COBIS member schools and GEMS Education standards. Candidate references, one of which must be from the current head of school for teachers, may be checked and qualifications attested before interview – candidates should indicate if there is a concern with this at the point of application. Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC) or local police checks are required, together with a statement of medical fitness. Offers of employment are subject to candidates meeting the above requirements.
With more than fifty years of education experience, GEMS Education is committed to improving the quality of education worldwide. It is the leading K-12 private education operator in the world, educating more than 250,000 children from 151 different nationalities.
The GEMS Values – care, excellence, one team and always learning - set the standard that we expect from all GEMS people – our students, our families and of course our employees. We are looking for a candidate that embodies these values to join our growing and talented team.
All positions attract an excellent package*:
• Competitive salary
• Visa costs for employee covered and assistance for dependent visa processing
• One-off relocation allowance provided to move to Malaysia
• Up to 9 nights hotel stay to support house-hunting and linked to a housing agent prior to relocation to Malaysia
• 100% tuition fee concession for two children studying in the school for expatriate teachers
• Medical coverage for employees, spouse and one child, who reside in Malaysia
• Annual round-trip air ticket to home airport for employee, spouse and one child per year
*Terms and conditions apply
Subang Jaya, Malaysia is about 30km away from Kuala Lumpur. It is also only minutes away from Petaling Jaya, a KL satellite city with many attractions for food enthusiasts, theme park entertainment, malls, nature walks and parks.
See some of our teacher’s experiences here.
You can see more about our facilities, including 4G pitch, swimming pool, sports hall, gymnasium and basketball deck here.
Please apply through the online application form. CVs are not accepted.
Provide a supporting statement indicating why you would be a suitable candidate for the role.
Deadline for applications: 28 February 2020 at 11:59pm (KL Time, GMT +8)
Shortlisting and interview scheduling: 2-4 March
Preliminary interviews (via video-call): 5-13 March
Final interview with principal: 16-23 March
The principal will be in the UK during this period and based in Derby/Manchester and London. If you are successful in earlier rounds, it would be great to meet with you for the final interview face-to-face and to confirm appointments.