Contract term: 2 years with option to renew
A unique opportunity to live and work overseas, within an English school system.
Our well established and fully inclusive Secondary School is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, creative and experienced DT Teacher to start in October 2017 (or later by negotiation). The successful applicant will join a well-resourced school with a supportive staff team, small class sizes and students who are keen to learn. The DT workshop is well equipped and resourced
We are seeking to recruit a Design Technology Teacher who:
- is a graduate secondary teacher with Qualified Teacher Status (recognisable in UK) who has completed the statutory induction year as an NQT and has 3 or more years post NQT experience teaching DT at a good or better standard.
- is focussed on teaching and learning, helping students achieve high levels of progress in a positive and effective learning environment.
- is able to efficiently manage support staff (technicians, LSA etc.) to ensure the smooth running of the department and students receive the support they require.
We will provide:
- enthusiastic students who are keen to learn
- a stimulating and supportive working environment with a small but dedicated team
- basic starting salary up to £37,980
- a unique and beautiful environment to live and work
- favourable income tax rates
- 25% gratuity, payable at the end of the contract
- airfares for the post holder and dependants at the beginning and end of contract, as well as mid-contract return flights
- a relocation grant
- accommodation to rent
- free education locally for dependent children to GCSE level and possible allowance for overseas studies thereafter
- fixed term contracts of 2 years in the first instance
- A TLR may be available to candidates who demonstrate the ability take on extra cross curriculum responsibilities
Interested teachers can download the job description and further information from this page.
School Website: http://www.falklandics.co.uk
If you wish to discuss specific aspects of the role please contact Paul Barton (email@example.com )
For more information including a details position description please contact the Recruitment Officer, Human Resources Department, Cable Cottage, Stanley, Falkland Islands, FIQQ 1ZZ E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 00 500 27421 or Fax: 00 500 27212 stating the post you are interested in.
Completed application forms should be returned to the Recruitment Officer using the above contacts details at Cable Cottage, Stanley, no later than noon on 25 August 2017
Dates: Closing Date 25 August 2017.
Interviews via Skype week beginning 28 August