To support our Secondary School team, we are looking for an adaptable and inspiring English & Drama Teacher.
BMS is the oldest international school in the center of Berlin. 1000 students from 68 countries attend our school and are taught using the best international and national curriculum programs. The Berlin Metropolitan School is an all-day school, allowing students from kindergarten through 12th grade to complete a modern and values-based education, culminating into an internationally recognized diploma. An international team of more than 200 dedicated employees lead the way for the learning success of our students.
THE EXCITING CHALLENGE
- Differentiate lessons in order to accommodate for varying levels of knowledge and student ability.
- Demonstrate a commitment to making lessons enjoyable, stimulating and relevant to all learners. Encourage students to continue their learning independently and spark an enthusiasm and love for learning by modelling it as a teacher.
- Maintain the highest standards of practice in planning, preparation, monitoring, assessment, reporting and feedback in line with school curriculum and policies.
- Employ teaching, learning and assessment strategies which meet pupils’ individual needs and support differentiated learning.
- Create clear, challenging and achievable expectations for pupils and ensure that all pupils make progress relative to their prior attainment and potential.
- Maintain thorough and current knowledge in the subject area and engage with evidence and research to direct improvements in teaching and learning.
- Be reflective towards one’s practice and pursue consistent improvement. Engage fully with professional learning opportunities.
- Create a secure learning environment, based on mutual trust and respect, in which pupils feel safe to explore and take risks.
- Maintain a stimulating and well-maintained learning environment, paying due care and attention to the quality of resources and displays.
- Support and promote the school and the IB mission statements and actively model the attributes of the IB learner profile.
- A committed, experienced and well-qualified Secondary English & Drama Teacher, who is seeking an opportunity to extend their expertise and who is interested in working in a high quality teaching environment.
- A Bachelors or Master´s degree in Secondary Education with an official teaching qualification or degree for English & Drama.
- At least three years teaching experience, ideally in an IB School.
- Experience in using technology to enrich student learning.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT BMS
- We offer a modern, inspiring work environment with international employees and an open school community in the heart of Berlin.
- The opportunity to grow in an interesting environment and to define with us new quality standards in the field of education.
- Our co-operation and the sense of belonging together are characterized by a special team spirit and a respectful and harmonious interaction.
- Our open-door-culture with the leadership, joint learning and case counselling creates an inspiring and supporting collaboration.
- Continuous personal development through professional development days and individual training.
- We offer best conditions for a modern classroom with a comprehensive range of modern technology and resources.
- Benefits such as relocation package (visa, settling in allowance, housing support etc.), daily free lunch for all staff members and sabbatical opportunities.
Please note, due to the system set up we have to set an application close date but we will be starting to conduct interviews immediately and may appoint a suitable candidate before the advert close date.