Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: 2 years with option to renew
A unique opportunity to live and work overseas, within an English school system.
Our well established and fully inclusive Secondary School is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, creative and experienced English Teacher to start in January 2018. The successful applicant will join a well-resourced school with a supportive staff team, small class sizes and students who are keen to learn.
We are seeking to recruit a Teacher who:
- is a graduate secondary teacher with Qualified Teacher Status (recognisable in UK) who has completed the statutory induction year as an NQT and has 2 or more years post-NQT experience teaching English
- can demonstrate the impact and effectiveness of their teaching through student outcomes and progress
- can demonstrate thorough, recent knowledge of the English national curriculum
- is focussed on teaching and learning, helping students achieve high levels of progress in a positive and effective learning environment.
We will provide:
- enthusiastic students who are keen to learn organised in small classes
- a stimulating and supportive working environment with a small but dedicated team
- basic salary up to £37,980 for teachers with 5+ years’ experience
- a unique and beautiful environment to live and work
- low income tax rates
- 25% gratuity, payable at the end of the contract
- airfares for the post holder and dependants at the beginning and end of contract, as well as mid-contract return flights
- a generous relocation grant
- accommodation to rent
- free education locally for dependent children to GCSE level and possible allowance for overseas studies thereafter
- fixed term contracts of 2 years in the first instance
- a TLR may be available to candidates who demonstrate the ability take on extra whole school responsibilities
Interested teachers can download the job description and further information from this page.
School Website: http://www.falklandics.co.uk
If you wish to discuss specific aspects of the role please contact Paul Barton (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people in our care. All applicants must agree to a criminal records check being completed.
For more information including a detailed job description please contact: Recruitment Officer,
Human Resources Department, Cable Cottage, Stanley,
Falkland Islands, FIQQ 1ZZ
Tel: 00 500 27420 or Fax: 00 500 27212 stating the post you are interested in.
Completed application forms should be returned to the Recruitment Officer using the above contacts details, no later than noon on 13th October 2017.
Interviews via Skype w/c 16th Oct