Due to the opening of a new Satellite location in the South East of Amsterdam, we are looking for a full-time secondary school leader for learning at our Zuidas location in the South of Amsterdam.
This leader for learning will join a dynamic leadership team of in total four secondary school leaders for learning and four primary school leaders for learning. Collaboratively you will put into action our vision and have your own portfolio. Dutch language proficiency is not essential but it is desired and the new leader will be encouraged and supported in learning the language. As learning is at the heart of everything we do, the leaders for learning also commit to a small teaching role. Pay scale LD (max. €4361, full-time per month, before tax).
Starting date: 1 September 2018.
About the AICS
The AICS is the first Dutch International Primary and Secondary School in Amsterdam, founded in 2003. AICS is affiliated with the Berlage Lyceum and the Europaschool in Amsterdam, which, together with a number of other schools, form the group of ‘Esprit Scholen Amsterdam’. The school is subsidised by the Dutch government, which enables it to deliver high quality education at competitive fees. The AICS is a school for international education that is accredited by the Council of International Schools and focuses on children from international backgrounds. Currently the school offers primary education to students aged 4 – 10 (IPC International Primary Curriculum) and secondary education to students aged 11 – 19 (IB Middle Years Programme and Diploma Programme). The main language of instruction for classes is English. After several moves since the start of the school in 2003, the AICS will soon comprise three state of the art buildings with over 1400 students. AICS is about to grow to a population of over 2000 students within the next 5 years.
To be a community where learning is at the heart of everything we do.
The AICS facilitates high quality, accessible, community-based international learning for students of all nationalities living in The Netherlands.
You need to be:
- an experienced team leader with proven success in educational & staff leadership. Previous experience should include:
- a) learning and guidance of students;
- b) being responsible for the performance and development of staff;
- c) monitoring and evaluation of highest standards in teaching and learning;
- d) allocation of budget and resources;
- e) contribution to whole school policies and developments;
- f) curriculum development;
- g) development of ICT in supporting learning;
- able to work as a patient yet determined leader and a team member in a dynamic school;
- flexible and open to new ideas;
- fluent in spoken and written English;
- competent in stimulating the students to learn how to learn;
- competent in getting our teaching towards students with many different social, emotional and educational needs and coming from different cultural backgrounds and countries.
You need to have:
- a profound commitment to the school’s mission to provide community-based international learning;
- a well-trained talent for and experience in leading and guiding teachers towards community-, concept-, inquiry-based and international teaching;
- several years of MYP and DP teaching experience;
- a European teaching qualification, or the equivalent;
- experience of teaching in English;
- several years of leadership experience of the MYP or IB DP;
- excellent knowledge and experience of different teaching and educational methodologies;
- an understanding and knowledge of different cultural backgrounds;
- the ability and initiative in leading to create and implement school policy;
- excellent leadership and communication skills and the ability to function well within a team.
Applications must be submitted before the 22th of June 2018.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to interview candidates before the closing date of the vacancy. All candidates do have equity in the process.
For more information, please visit our website: www.aics.espritscholen.nl
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.