£20 - £25 per hour
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: degree or equivalent/ Experience
Adhoc - as an when needed
We are actively seeking One to One Tutors to work with students aged 11 to 16 in the Newcastle area on an ad-hoc basis. The role will see you tutoring students in and outside of the classroom, in centers and sometimes in their home so it is essential that you have your own transport. This would be a great opportunity to experience teaching either with part and full time hours. We have various vacancies around the Newcastle area.
The ideal One to One Tutor will:
- Be passionate and dedicated to teaching
- Be flexible, a team player and have excellent communication skills
- Have a good level of IT literacy
- The successful One to One Tutor must have excellent behaviour management, the ability to teach creatively adapting to the needs of each leaner and must have good core subject knowledge. To be successful in this role the One to One Tutor will ideally be degree educated and previous experience in a similar role would be preferred yet not essential.
The schools are looking for a committed and successful Tutors to join their motivated team.
To be considered for the Tutor position, you will:
- Have a passion for working with children along with great classroom management skills
- Have experience of working as a Teacher or Tutor in a secondary environment
- Have at least 6 weeks RECENT classroom experience or have a wealth of experience in a classroom environment within the UK.
- Have access to a car (beneficial due to the short notice of the work)
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
- £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Secondary team on 0191 267 6491.