MBIS – ‘Where teachers love to teach and children love to learn’
MBIS is a dynamic, learning-focused school - with a first class reputation. The school was judged as 'Excellent in all areas' by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (June 2016). MBIS most recent BSO inspection was September 2021, unfortunately the report has not been released yet (due November 2021), so we are unable to share the outcomes. However we can say that we are very excited to share the news with the world and it will validate the fantastic work contributed by all at MBIS.
MBIS is the school of choice for expatriate families living in Cairo. Established in 1995 and located in an attractive expatriate suburb of the city, MBIS serves a truly international, English-speaking body of over 350 children, with 65 nationalities represented. The school enjoys the patronage of the British Embassy and is a proud member of the Association of British schools Overseas (AoBSO) and the British Schools in the Middle East (BSME).
We are looking to recruit a talented, creative and team-oriented Secondary Science Teacher who is committed to providing the best education for our children.
Interested applicants should:
• Hold a recognised British teaching qualification with QTS
• Have at least 3 years qualified teaching experience
• Experience teaching KS3 Science
• Experience teaching (i)GCSE (Biology, Physics or Chemistry)
• Demonstrate a real passion for learning, an understanding of best practice and a desire to continually improve
• Demonstrate a subject specialism
• Be committed and hard working, with high expectations of themselves and the children in their care
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, strong collegiality and a drive to support whole school development
• Have real creative flair
• Possess a positive team-spirit and a good sense of humour
A highly attractive package includes:
• Very competitive tax-free salary paid in sterling
• Yearly tax-free gratuity
• Generous monthly accommodation allowance
• Comprehensive international medical cover
• Free education for dependent children at MBIS
• Return air passage to base country each year
• Continuing professional development
• Free staff bus
• Initial contract for 2 years, thereafter annually renewable.
To find out more about the school, please visit our website at www.mbisegypt.com
The closing date for applications is Thursday 16th December 2022.
Posts are much sought after and so early applications are encouraged. Initial interviews will be held by Skype or in the UK (London).
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Candidates will be required to undergo international child protection checks.