The Scandinavian School is a non-profit making association dedicated to teaching each individual student through the Swedish pedagogy. Classes are small (up to 20) and students are taught at their level. The school has offered Primary education in English since 2005. The Secondary school opened in 2013 and our oldest students are going to start Year 11 in September.
The school is small and dynamic school has undergone an extensive development programme in recent years. We have been awarded full accreditation by both the Council of International Schools (CIS) and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). We are also authorised by the National Association of Spanish schools in Spain (NABSS) as a British school in Spain. We follow the International Cambridge programme.
We seek to employ an outstanding Teacher of Science to teach General Science in KS3 and later move into KS4 and 5. The ideal candidate should be able to teach Biology and or Chemistry at KS4 and KS5 level. This is a great opportunity for a colleague to join the school and help drive standards whilst developing Science in the Secondary school.
The ideal candidate should be
- highly motivated and an excellent classroom practitioner.
- enthusiastic, energetic and committed to children of all abilities
- able to exercise professional leadership to ensure high quality teaching skills
- experienced in teaching English as a second language
- able to work within a close-knit, supportive team
- committed to raising standards of learning
- self motivated
- in possession of good organisation and interpersonal skills
- passionate about different languages and cultures
All applicants must:
- have a teaching qualification that is recognised in UK schools (such as a PGCE)
- have recent experience from a UK school or an overseas school following the International Cambridge Secondary programme or British National Curriculum.
- be eligible to live and work in Spain
Teaching experience from a Scandinavian school is an advantage.
Please send your letter of application and CV to The Head of school, Jenny
For more information see the school website: www.escandinavo.com