Hillcrest Park School based near Chipping Norton in Oxfordshire require a Science Teacher (Part Time) to join their established Education team. Offering a salary of £24,373 p.a - £35,971 p.a (plus £2,209 p.a. SEN allowance) pro rata. We are within a commutable distance of Chipping Camden, Bourton-on-the-water, Charlbury, Oxford, Banbury, Bicester and other surrounding towns and villages.
Park School is a DfE registered independent school, rated ‘Outstanding’ with Ofsted, offering a broad and balanced curriculum to boys and girls, aged 7 – 18 years who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health complexities. Park School provides a structured and supportive environment in order to meet the personal, academic and pastoral needs of all our pupils at each stage of their schooling.
As the Science Teacher, your role will involve providing teaching support across Key Stage 3 & 4 within the framework of the National Curriculum, GCSE’s and Functional Skills Programme. You will be part of a strong dedicated team (supporting the Head Teacher) committed to providing our pupils with the very best outcomes; planning and promoting teaching and learning outside of normal classroom settings to pupils with social, emotional and mental health needs. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, committed and flexible, who can easily engage with pupils that may be reluctant to engage in lessons due to previous life experiences.
The role is offered on a Part Time, Permanent basis working two days per week to be negotiated, during term time only including after school meetings and clubs. The position would suit an experienced Science Teacher, who is dynamic and dedicated to teaching pupils within a Specialist Education Provision. (Role to commence 6th January 2020).
Following a thorough induction, your duties will include:
· Supporting the development of the Science curriculum throughout the school
· Being responsible for the planning of the schemes of work within the subject area of Science
· Undertaking on-going assessments of the pupils’ achievements in relation to the schemes of work and the Individual Education Plans
· Providing efficient channels of communication between the education provision, parents, carers and residential staff
· Building positive relationships with pupils to encourage interest in participating in the classroom
Key Skills Required:
· Qualified Teacher Status
· Have proven experience of teaching Science as a specialist subject (in KS3/KS4)
· Knowledge of current education issues in relation to terms of practice, process and curriculum
· Be experienced or have an interest working within an SEN setting and with challenging behaviour (SEMH/EBD)
· Have experience of planning, delivering and teaching lessons to a good or outstanding level
If you are a flexible, dynamic and dedicated individual looking for a career as a Science Teacher, please apply immediately. In return we offer a salary scale of £24,373 p.a - £35,971 p.a (plus £2,209 p.a. SEN allowance) pro rata, plus excellent company benefits.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Although Outcomes First Group salaries are in-line with the National Teachers Pay Scale, Terms & Conditions of this position are specific to Outcomes First Group
Hillcrest Park School forms part of the Outcomes First Group who employs approx. 2400 staff at locations throughout the UK and provides a range of education and residential services to children and adults with autism, complex needs, learning disabilities and social, emotional mental health difficulties.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your Interview.