We are looking for a dynamic and talented Secondary Science Teacher in the south of Spain at El Limonar International School (ELIS) Murcia.
If you have a passion for learning and teaching Science (including, ideally, Chemistry up to A-Level) and are keen to develop your pedagogical and leadership skills, then this exciting opportunity is available starting in September 2020.
Working in ELIS Cognita:
El Limonar International School Murcia and El Limonar International School Villamartín are proud to be part of the global Cognita family of schools. Cognita is an extraordinary group of diverse yet connected schools joining forces in an inspiring world of education with one common purpose: building self-belief and empowering individuals to succeed.
In Cognita we want to help you achieve more as a teaching professional. We’re committed to hiring and retaining outstanding talent: teachers and leaders who are passionate about their craft as well as having an excellent understanding of the skills required to work successfully with young people. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive range of benefits, not least professional development incentives that can see their talents and efforts being transformed into vibrant and rewarding careers.
This role gives you the opportunity to develop the curriculum, further improve examination results at KS3, IGCSE and A-Level, and to generally support and further develop the excellent reputation that the Sciences have at ELIS Murcia. This role requires the teaching of IGCSE separate Sciences to Years 9 to 11 and would ideally include the teaching of A-Level Chemistry as well. The successful applicant would also be a form tutor and would be expected to be an integral member of both the Science Faculty and wider Upper School team.
The vacancy coincides with the planned expansion of our Upper School which will move onto a new site with completely new facilities in September 2020. The post holder would teach in a brand new, dedicated 60 square metre laboratory and form part of a seven-member strong Science team. Combined with this is our school-wide improvement objective of raising the profile of technology in teaching and learning across all subject areas.
The post – Requirements:
* PGCE-qualified teacher experienced in the teaching of the Sciences across KS3 to KS4 as well as of teaching Chemistry at all levels.
* Experience in preparing students for public examination is necessary. The pure sciences are an area of the curriculum that attracts significant interest from students and parents and has enjoyed a lot of success in recent years.
* Experience as an Assistant Examiner would be an advantage but is not essential.
* As well as meeting the requirements of the general candidate specification, the successful candidate will be highly self-motivated, able to work independently and be very well organized.
* Knowledge of the Spanish language would be an advantage but is not essential.
Working at ELIS we offer you:
* El Limonar International School (ELIS), as part of the Cognita Schools group, is an equal opportunities employer that welcomes applications from all qualified teachers with relevant experience including teaching couples.
* Teachers would be expected to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the schools so you would have the opportunity to enrich and innovate our offer.
* Contracts are full time and permanent with remuneration and working conditions that reflect the Spanish national collective bargaining agreement for private education.
* School places for staff children in ELIS are free of tuition fees and there are other local benefits.
* Full induction and help with settling in the Murcia region will be provided.
Suitability for the post will be assessed through the Application Form, letter, interview process and references undertaken.
Applications will only be considered from candidates submitting a completed teacher application form (a copy of which is included in this advert). Candidates are also required to submit an application letter addressed to the Executive Principal, Mr. Christopher Eversden, and may also send a C.V. (with photograph) if they wish. Applications should be submitted through the ‘Apply Now’ button included in this advertisement.
Key dates to be aware of:
* Closing date for applications: 15th April 2020 at 11.59pm but an appointment could be made before that date in order to secure an outstanding candidate.
Arriving at a decision:
In making an appointment, the Selection Panel, will balance all of the evidence presented through all the various elements of the written application, the activities and panel interviews. Feedback will be offered to unsuccessful candidates.
Further details of the post and our school can be found on the school’s website: https://ellimonarinternational.com/murcia/
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.