GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission – to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for the real world success.
GEMS Wellington Academy-Al Khail is an exciting addition to the GEMS network of award winning British Curriculum School. WEK delivers programmes for learning that are deeply rooted in the National Curriculum for England (NCfE) and enhanced by best practice globally so that students achieve the best possible academic outcomes and develop strong character for lifelong learning and success. For more information about the school, please visit: http://www.gemswellingtonacademy-alkhail.com/
The Post: Secondary SENCO – January 2017
We are looking for an experienced SENCO to join the Secondary team. The successful candidate will:
- Identify and develop the most effective teaching and learning approaches for pupils with SEN and leading colleagues in the development of these approaches
- Monitor teaching and learning activities to meet the needs of pupils with SEND
- Ensure a truly differentiated approach to learning and teaching and associated resources appropriate to the needs of SEND students
- Work with Heads of Faculty, Heads of Department and subject teachers to ensure that there is effective provision for the needs of students within the delivery of the curriculum
- Liaise with tutors, Heads of House and the Head of Sixth Form as appropriate
- Liaise with parents and with external agencies as appropriate.
- Carry out assessments of students’ needs
- Lead the process of innovative development, taking an active role where appropriate in sharing innovation across Secondary.
Applicants should have:
- A full teaching qualification
- Professional qualification relevant to SEND provision
- A proven track record of providing high quality support across Secondary
- Recent experience of managing students from a variety of cultures
- Experience of developing and enhancing the practice of other staff
- Demonstrable commitment and track record in raising the achievement and standards of pupils with SEND
- Proficient and experienced at teaching, ideally with experience of the National Curriculum for England for Secondary and supporting students taking their GCSEs
- Experience of implementing a range of pedagogical techniques, with a track-record of innovation in teaching and learning
- An excellent knowledge of SEND initiatives
- Talent for leadership through example and inspiration is essential: the successful candidate will have a strong classroom presence and be able to model excellence in the classroom
- The ability to analyse data effectively to identify and track the progress of vulnerable groups/children
An excellent remuneration package is on offer to successful candidates including competitive tax free salary, furnished accommodation, medical insurance, visa costs, baggage allowance, annual flight allowance and free school places for up to two dependants.
If you meet these criteria, are enthusiastic about teaching and learning and have the drive and passion to get the most from our students then we would welcome your application.
Please visit www.gemseducation.com/careers and apply for these positions online. (Ref: GCO-000076)
Please ensure you have uploaded an up to date CV, formal letter of application and recent photograph.