Required for a fixed term, three days per week, 0.6 fte (pro-rata £36,185.40).
The Hackney Learning Trust (HLT) is a not-for-profit company which runs all the education services for the London Borough of Hackney. We are responsible for Hackney’s 27,000 pupils in over 70 schools, and its children’s centres, early years and adult education. Our vision is to provide an excellent education service in Hackney so that every child, young person and adult learner can fulfil their potential.
Hackney Learning Trust has a national reputation for designing and delivering highly successful and ambitious school improvement for Mathematics at key stage 3, 4 and 5 and for the whole school provision. Performance at GCSE remains strong and is consistently above national, continuing a trend of strong performance in the borough. Part of HLT’s secondary Mathematics offer is leading in Mathematics, a coaching program for Mathematics leads and their line managers. It uses a comprehensive framework to evaluate current practice and models strategic approaches for implementing whole school Mathematics provision.
Hackney Learning Trust is looking for a dynamic head of Mathematics or teaching and learning consultant specialising in Mathematics. The successful candidate will lead school improvement in Key Stage 3, 4 and 5 in Mathematics. This role is ideal for a professional wanting to develop their career and who is keen to work with and support other schools.
The key strands of the role will be to:
- Run Mathematical departmental reviews and provide supportive feedback and actions for improvement.
- Provide network training, whole school INSET and bespoke consultancy to Hackney schools.
- Assist the HLT in developing and delivering best practice, both within and beyond the LA.
- Build strong relationships with Hackney’s subject leaders in Mathematics and provide up to date information on educational policy and evidence-based practice.
- Manage and deliver Mathematics in schools which buy the programme.
The ideal candidate will have a powerful and proven track record of raising attainment, inspiring and challenging teachers in their practice and working strategically across a school or schools.
Interested? Go to our website www.learningtrust.co.uk/jobs
The Hackney Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We welcome applications from all sections of the community