Smart Teachers is recruiting for experienced Science Teachers to join their busy supply team for secondary schools in Greenwich and surrounding boroughs in South East London. Smart Teachers can offer flexible daily, short- and long-term work throughout the year as well as in the school holidays. Supply Teaching offers educators a great opportunity to explore the wide range of schools we have without having to plan and prepare lessons. This could be an effective route if you have the ambition of becoming a full time teacher, but are yet to gain a substantial amount of experience in your teaching subject of choice.
Supply vacancies come in on both ‘day-to-day’ and long-term bookings so applications need to be prompt. All applicants must have QTS and experience in teaching the UK curriculum. NQTs are also welcome to apply.
About the Role
- Secondary Science Teachers
- Available across all secondary year groups
- Work supporting students 1:1 and in groups is available
- Fantastic way of gaining experience in a wide range of schools and environments
- Full- or part-time working hours available to suit your timetable
- Ideal for candidates looking for flexible working days
- Potential to turn into a long-term contract
- Assisting both mainstream children and those with additional needs
- Daily rate between £130 - £140 per day PAYE (dependent on experience)
In order to be considered for this role, the Secondary Science Teachers will need to meet the following criteria:
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
- Must have experience as a TA / LSA (minimum of 6 weeks)
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org giving the preferred location / borough.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.