HAMILTON St Francis Xavier's College
Vacancy TypeTemporary Full Time
St Francis Xavier College is seeking a full time temporary Stage 6 Community and Family Studies Teacher for the 2020 school year!
• Join an encouraging environment, where each teacher is welcomed and celebrated in their creativity and distinctive way of teaching;
• St Francis Xavier's College, Hamilton, is a comprehensive, co-educational Senior College catering to vibrant young adults across Years 11 and 12. Committed to creating a contemporary space that caters to the diversity of its students, teachers are focused on offering a holistic approach to education acknowledging the mind, body and spirit of students and the importance of each in their development of personal and social responsibility;
• The teaching community at St Francis Xavier’s College upholds the responsibility of shaping and encouraging young minds through a shared vision of high quality education, hands-on experiences and fruitful learning for all students. Each member of the teaching staff brings with them skills and expertise in their delivery of the Stage 6 curriculum and the requirements of the Higher School Certificate, while also modelling faith in action by nurturing positive relationships between one another.
• A relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education;
• Ability to teach in the relevant curriculum area/s;
• High level knowledge of the relevant key learning area/s and a proven capacity to improve student learning;
• Effective classroom management and teaching skills which enable students with a diverse range of needs to achieve their full potential;
• Exemplary values and attitudes appropriate to professional practice and the intellectual, physical and social development of students;
• Ability to successfully implement and evaluate curriculum initiatives in accordance with curriculum and standards framework;
• Demonstrated capacity to reflect critically upon professional practice and commitment to ongoing professional learning;
• Commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities as a member of the school team;
• Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and other teachers;
• Use of interpersonal skills to develop positive relationships with students, school staff and the wider community;
• Willingness to fulfil the requirements of the CSO Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy.
• Experience teaching Stage 6 Community and Family Studies;
• Current NESA Accreditation and Paid Working With Children Check (WWCC);
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training;
• Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead 2018 - formerly the Faith Education Accreditation (FEA) Policy 2012;
• Current Accreditation at Category B – Accreditation to Teach (Teaching staff who do not teach Religion) or working towards this accreditation.
• Capacity to teach Stage 6 PDHPE.
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Friday 15 November, 2019
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Francis Xavier's College
PO Box 300
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
• a corporate fitness program;
• employee assistance program (EAP);
• paid parental leave;
• training and staff development programs;
• access to long service leave after just five years;
• opportunity for leasing motor vehicles; and
• 9.5 per cent superannuation.
Please provide your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria directly to Principal – Julia Lederwasch: Julia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 3:00 PM 15th November 2019
*Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*