Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Secondary Teacher / Cover Teacher to join a ‘Good’ secondary school close to Kingston upon Thames and Hampton Court Palace, South West London. Starting January 2019, the school is looking for a Secondary Teacher / Cover Techer to cover absences on an ad-hoc basis, and would like to have a preferred teacher known to them available. This role has become available due to the current teacher relocating out of the area. As an agency, Smart Teachers also has a high volume of supply work available in the local area if the successful Secondary Teacher is looking for additional work to fit around their schedule.
About the Role
• Secondary Teacher
• General cover from KS3 to KS5 across all subjects
• Daily supply at one school (with other short term and long term roles available locally)
• Flexible role depending on availability
• Daily rate ranging from £130 - £145
• Starting January 2019
About the School
• Large secondary school converted into an academy within the last 5 years
• Purpose built state of the art building
• Modern facilities
• Well-structured sixth form
• Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted
• New resources across all departments
• Set on expansive grounds for outdoor learning and activities
• Bright spacious classrooms
• Transport links are easily accessible with onsite parking at the school
• Located in a beautiful part of South West London
In order to be considered for this role, the Secondary Teacher / Cover Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven and recent experience teaching the UK curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Possess the ability to teach pre-planned lessons and partake in marking work
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number RXN15429.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.