MAITLAND All Saints College
Vacancy TypeTemporary Full Time
All Saint's College Maitland is seeking a full time English teacher to join the team for the 2020 school year!
• The majority of the teaching load will be at the Senior learning campus (Year 11 and 12) with a key focus on HSC preparation
• Specialist facilities at St Mary’s for construction, electro-technology, electronics, graphics, multimedia, hospitality, retail and business services, science and creative and performing arts.
• State of the art industrial kitchens and café facilities for Hospitality students!
• All Saints’ is a 7-12 Co-educational College across two campuses.
As the senior campus for All Saints' College, St Mary’s Campus in Maitland caters for Year 11 and 12 students only. This means that the key focus for students is learning in a senior-only environment, which is optimal for HSC preparation.
The Campus also provides a well-supported Vocational Education and Training program and works closely with TAFE to support students in their chosen endeavours.
• A relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education;
• Ability to teach in the relevant curriculum area/s;
• High level knowledge of the relevant key learning area/s and a proven capacity to improve student learning;
• Effective classroom management and teaching skills which enable students with a diverse range of needs to achieve their full potential;
• Exemplary values and attitudes appropriate to professional practice and the intellectual, physical and social development of students;
• Ability to successfully implement and evaluate curriculum initiatives in accordance with curriculum and standards framework;
• Demonstrated capacity to reflect critically upon professional practice and commitment to ongoing professional learning;
• Commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities as a member of the school team;
• Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and other teachers;
• Use of interpersonal skills to develop positive relationships with students, school staff and the wider community;
• Willingness to fulfil the requirements of the CSO Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy.
• Current NESA Accreditation and Paid Working With Children Check (WWCC);
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training;
• Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead 2018 - formerly the Faith Education Accreditation (FEA) Policy 2012;
• Current Accreditation at Category B – Accreditation to Teach (Teaching staff who do not teach Religion) or working towards this accreditation.
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Tuesday 10 December, 2019
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
ASC Head of Campus
All Saints College, St Mary's Campus
16 Grant Street
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
• a corporate fitness program;
• employee assistance program (EAP);
• paid parental leave;
• training and staff development programs;
• access to long service leave after just five years;
• opportunity for leasing motor vehicles; and
• 9.5 per cent superannuation.
Please provide your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria directly to Head of Campus – Marc Romano: email@example.com
Applications close: Tuesday 10th November 2019, 3.00pm