ADAMSTOWN St Pius X High School
Vacancy TypeTemporary Part Time
St Pius X High School, Adamstown is seeking a temporary part-time HSIE Teacher (0.6 FTE) to join the team for the 2020 school year working Wednesdays, Thursday and Fridays. This position is temporary in nature due to the permanent incumbent accessing flexible working arrangements.
• Enjoy the luxury of proximity at this central Newcastle site, 2 minutes from shopping centres & amenities and 5 minutes from Newcastle’s beautiful beaches;
• Work amongst modern, engaging and flexible learning environments facilitating you in delivering quality learning;
• Join a community dedicated to high standards of education for gifted and talented students as well as students with disabilities.
The community at St Pius X High School aims for excellence in all areas of study, providing a range of opportunities for all students to experience success. A co-educational Catholic school, serving students from Years 7 to 10, has a proud history and an excellent reputation in the Newcastle region. Priding itself on providing a space where the creativity, skill and talent of its teaching staff is greatly appreciated, embraced and encouraged. The curriculum incorporates both traditional and contemporary courses; with students regularly perform well above the state average in NAPLAN tests and continuing to be high achievers in the Higher School Certificate.
• A relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education;
• Ability to teach in the relevant curriculum area/s;
• High level knowledge of the relevant key learning area/s and a proven capacity to improve student learning;
• Effective classroom management and teaching skills which enable students with a diverse range of needs to achieve their full potential;
• Exemplary values and attitudes appropriate to professional practice and the intellectual, physical and social development of students;
• Ability to successfully implement and evaluate curriculum initiatives in accordance with curriculum and standards framework;
• Demonstrated capacity to reflect critically upon professional practice and commitment to ongoing professional learning;
• Commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities as a member of the school team;
• Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and other teachers;
• Use of interpersonal skills to develop positive relationships with students, school staff and the wider community;
• Willingness to fulfil the requirements of the CSO Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy.
• Current NESA Accreditation and Paid Working With Children Check (WWCC);
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training;
• Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead 2018 - formerly the Faith Education Accreditation (FEA) Policy 2012;
• Current Accreditation at Category B – Accreditation to Teach (Teaching staff who do not teach Religion) or working towards this accreditation.
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Thursday 12 December, 2019
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Pius X High School
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
• a corporate fitness program;
• employee assistance program (EAP);
• paid parental leave;
• training and staff development programs;
• access to long service leave after just five years;
• opportunity for leasing motor vehicles; and
• 9.5 per cent superannuation.
Please provide your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria directly to Principal – Robert Emery: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Thursday 12th December, 2019 at 3.00pm
*Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*