Job Start: 01 January 2019
Location: Könneritzstraße 47, Leipzig, Germany
Contract: part-time (20 periods), initially time-limited contract of employment until 31 March 2019, extension possible
Leipzig International School is an independent non-profit day school for students from Nursery to Grade 12. It provides a high-quality international education, conducted predominantly in English, to children of all backgrounds; thereby supporting a diverse community and promoting international understanding. Over 190 staff members from all over the world work together to create a stimulating and exciting learning environment for our children whose families come from over 70 countries.
Our excellent academic results, benchmarked against the International Schools’ Assessment and the IGCSE and IB international examinations, are proof of the quality education we provide at Leipzig International School. The school is fully accredited by the Council of International Schools as well as the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Are you interested in becoming part of an international team? Do you believe that education is about learning how to become a citizen of the world? Then we are looking forward to hearing from you!
Leipzig International School has a time-limited vacancy to start 01 January 2019 to join the Secondary School Social Studies department to teach upper school students. The successful candidate will teach IB Diploma Business Management in Grades 11 & 12 alongside a second business teacher within the Social Studies department which is composed of a team of eight international teachers who deliver a middle school programme and teach their specialist subjects to our examination classes in Grades 9 – 12. This position encompasses 20 periods a week (66,67% of a full-time workload) but there might be the possibility to move up to 24 periods (80%)
The successful candidate will be able to evidence experience in and enthusiasm for teaching within the IB Diploma programme generally, and the IB Business Management course specifically.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- To prepare the Grade 12 students for their final examinations in the IB Business Management course. The start date of the position will mean that the majority of the content of the course will have been completed (possibly with some outstanding units in Industrial/ Employee relations and Crisis Management and Contingency Planning for example). The candidate will need to lead revision sessions for the two Grade 12 HL classes, provide feedback on practice examination questions as well as prepare the students for the Paper 1 case study (external resources for this will be made available)
- To guide and teach one Grade 11 class in the area of Human Resources (possibly with an introduction to the Marketing units) following the scheme of work and progression of units defined by the business teachers at Leipzig International School
- Collaboratively plan, deliver and assess work for your classes in parallel with other department members and across departments
- Deliver relevant, current and challenging lessons that will allow students to see how the subject you are teaching them will help them become citizens of the world who can make a difference
- Provide fast, formative feedback through which your students can improve their understanding and develop their higher order thinking skills through the subject you are teaching them
- Contribute to the work of the Social Studies department and the Secondary School as a whole
- Engage in the life of this exciting city and its international school
The ideal candidate will be:
- Committed to developing a clear and challenging programme for our students
- Able to work collaboratively with colleagues to deliver the programme
- Able to engage with students and to engender enthusiasm for learning
- Focused on children’s learning and development
- Flexible, open to change, and solution-oriented
- Well-organised, ethical and rich in empathy
- Experience of teaching the current IB Diploma Business Management course (or closely related courses) would be highly desirable
- A teaching certification or qualification
- Experience of working in an internationally minded and diverse school community
What working at LIS is about:
- Wonderful students who are interested in learning
- A dynamic and challenging job in a caring work
- The opportunity to further develop teaching and learning in the school
- A modern workplace
- An interesting and important job in the beautiful city of Leipzig
How to apply:
Please apply only via our online application tool on our website www.lis.school and let us know on which website you found out about the vacant position. More information about the required application documents is available under ‘Job Opportunities’.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact our HR Manager:
Nadine Saber: +49 341 – 39377-631