Would you like to be a part of a new and exciting international school environment and teach at a European School?
We are looking for a teacher for a permanent and full-time position in geography and history. The ideal candidate is qualified to teach in both Danish and English and has experience with teaching PE.
Qualifications: A degree in history and/or geography and preferably teaching experience with or a degree in PE.
- Teaching qualifications are essential
- Ability to differentiate your teaching in order to challenge all students
- Good knowledge of English which is the common language of the school
- Proven experience of teaching the relevant age group (age 11-18)
- Outstanding commitment and ability to engage students and assist in developing their social, creative and academic skills
The ideal candidate will have
- experience with international or intercultural education
- proficient IT skills
- proactive attitude to school development
- A dynamic work environment allowing you to participate in the development of our school
- A management culture of cooperation, dialogue and trust, and inclusion of employees and parents
- Motivated and committed parents
- Dedicated colleagues from many different countries
- Professional development opportunities
About the school
European School Copenhagen (ESCPH) is a public, international school under the Municipality of Copenhagen and the first of its kind in Denmark. The school is a department of the internationally renowned Sankt Annæ Gymnasium.
ESCPH opened in August 2014 with four primary classes in an English and a Danish language section. Today the school has 21 classes from grade 0-5 in primary and grade 1-3 in secondary in our Danish and English language sections and nursery, primary 1 and secondary 1 and 2 in our French language section.
In the coming school year, we will open a new French class in lower secondary and a Danish and English language section in upper secondary. When the school is fully phased in, the school will have nearly 1,000 pupils.
ESCPH is an accredited school within the established European School system and as such offers a European education combining the rigorous educational requirements for European Schools with Danish pedagogy and working guidelines.
The mission of the European Schools is to provide a multilingual and multicultural education for nursery, primary and secondary pupils. The European Schools have a strong focus on languages. Students learn a foreign language from primary 1 and will later be taught history and geography in their first foreign language. French is offered as both the mother tongue and as first and second foreign language from primary 1.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with relevant collective agreements.
Employment date will be August 1, 2020.
Work address is: The European School of Copenhagen, Ny Carlsbergvej, 1799 Copenhagen.
Please submit your application via the link below.
For more information about the school and the European Baccalaureate (EB) programme, please visit www.escph.dk.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Deputy Head of secondary, Mette Sophie Skærlund, on (+45) 4261 3184 or Deputy Director, Julie Rørdam Thom, on (+45) 5118 2556.
The application deadline is Friday March 27, 2020
Interviews for the position will be held on April 3, 2020.