ABERDEEN St Joseph's High School
Vacancy TypeTemporary Part Time
St Joseph's High School is seeking a part-time Temporary Teacher Librarian (0.2 FTE) Teacher for the 2020 school year.
Within a contemporary learning environment, the role of a Teacher Librarian has two key dimensions:
• Teaching and learning;
• Information and resource management.
• Join a school set among green fields with extensive picturesque views of rich farmlands, cattle grazing, the Hunter River and distant mountains;
• Join an agricultural environment committed to enriching staff and students with a variety of real life experiences through interactive agricultural projects;
• Incentives available to compensate for additional costs associated with relocation to this location in the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle.
• A relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education;
• Be appropriately qualified as a secondary Teacher Librarian.
• Have experience in working with library systems.
• Have demonstrated successful teaching and behaviour management strategies.
• Have the ability to design learning opportunities to enhance information processing skills, critical thinking and inquiry learning to deepen student knowledge of curriculum content and information literacy.
• Have the ability to manage the Library learning space and source an engaging and relevant physical and virtual collection.
• Oversee the work of other library personnel, volunteers and external providers, as appropriate, as delegated by the Principal.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
• Have the ability to assess and provide feedback on student learning using relevant data.
• Current NESA Accreditation and Paid Working With Children Check (WWCC);
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training;
• Have a sound knowledge of OLIVER and information technology.
• Have the ability to design contemporary and innovative learning opportunities in collaboration with teachers.
• Have the ability to model and share best practice regarding innovative and emerging technologies.
• Have the ability to develop policies and procedures for the effective use and management of the learning spaces in collaboration with other teachers and relevant staff.
• Have the ability to plan and evaluate collaboratively with teachers and incorporate technology and information literacy through the KLAs.
• Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead 2018 - formerly the Faith Education Accreditation (FEA) Policy 2012;
• Current Accreditation at Category B – Accreditation to Teach (Teaching staff who do not teach Religion) or working towards this accreditation
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Monday 20 January, 2020
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Joseph's High School
PO Box 12
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
• a corporate fitness program;
• employee assistance program (EAP);
• paid parental leave;
• training and staff development programs;
• access to long service leave after just five years;
• opportunity for leasing motor vehicles; and
• 9.5 per cent superannuation.
Please provide your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria directly to Principal – Robert Holstein: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Monday 20th January 2020, 3pm