LOCHINVAR St Joseph's College
Vacancy TypeTemporary Full Time
St Joseph's College, Lochinvar is seeking a full-time temporary Teacher-Librarian to join the team for 2020! This position is for 2020, however has the potential to be extended based on the circumstances of the school.
St Joseph’s College, founded by the Sisters of St Joseph in 1883 is a co-educational secondary school providing a rich and diverse educational experience for 940 students from Years 7 to 12. The College aspires to be a place of learning where students, staff and families are valued and respected for their uniqueness. The community of St Joseph’s welcomes all who are ready to actively share the mission, vision, identity and life of the College.
Located in the stunning Hunter Valley, St Joseph’s has a blend of heritage and modern buildings which include a Chapel & Heritage Centre, new Administration and Resource Centre, a purpose-built hall and associated Café & Hospitality Centre, as well as recently refurbished Performance and Creative Arts spaces.
• Become part of a passionate staff committed to the well-being, academic and spiritual growth of all students
• Take advantage of exciting initiatives and opportunities such as our Flexi-Learning initiative, extensive representative sport opportunities, gifted and accelerated learning programs, dynamic aboriginal education & cultural programs, Ministry & Service initiatives, overseas exchange program and much more
• Engage in a supportive professional development program that is highly valued, fosters innovation and the promotion and maintenance of high expectations and standards
• an understanding of and a clear commitment to the philosophy and objectives of Catholic education
• willingness to fulfil the requirements of the Diocesan Faith Accreditation Policy
• willingness to learn about and engage with the Josephite charism and integrate this charism into all aspects of professional practice
• capacity to foster, manage and develop a welcoming, contemporary library space where students can engage in positive learning experiences
• ability to model and drive contemporary teaching and learning, and to collaborate with teachers in regard to research and information literacy
• sound understanding of pedagogy and the changing nature of learners
• capacity to engage a diverse range of students in learning so that they become successful independent learners
• proven capacity to use technology as a tool to enhance learning
• capacity to deliver highly effective Information and resource management
• capacity to contribute to professional networks and associations and build productive links with the wider community to enhance teaching and learning
• capacity to lead a team and work as a productive member of a team
• demonstrated successful pastoral care and behaviour management strategies
Ability to manage a contemporary
• capacity to collaborate with the Leader of Learning Technology to teach and model digital literacy and citizenship
• ability to develop, document and review library resource centre policies to reflect school and system priorities
• capacity to liaise with the school Principal and relevant staff in relation to resourcing and budget
• excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Current NESA Accreditation and Paid Working With Children Check (WWCC);
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training;
• Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead 2018 - formerly the Faith Education Accreditation (FEA) Policy 2012;
• Current Accreditation at Category B – Accreditation to Teach (Teaching staff who do not teach Religion) or working towards this accreditation.
• A sound knowledge of OLIVER OPAC library software
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with the New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Monday 09 December, 2019
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Joseph's College
New England Highway
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
• a corporate fitness program;
• employee assistance program (EAP);
• paid parental leave;
• training and staff development programs;
• access to long service leave after just five years;
• opportunity for leasing motor vehicles; and
• 9.5 per cent superannuation.
Please provide your resume (including the after-hours contact details of at least two referees) and an application addressing the selection criteria directly to Principal – Patricia Hales: email@example.com
*Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*
Applications close: 3.00pm Monday 9th December 2019