MAITLAND All Saints College
Vacancy TypeTemporary Part Time
All Saint's College Maitland is seeking a part-time temporary Teacher Librarian (0.2) to support and implement a shared vision for their school community to achieve best practice in learning.
All Saints’ is a 7-12 Co-educational College across two campuses.
As the senior campus for All Saints' College, St Mary’s Campus in Maitland caters for Year 11 and 12 students only. This means that the key focus for students is learning in a senior-only environment, which is optimal for HSC preparation.
The Campus also provides a well-supported Vocational Education and Training program and works closely with TAFE to support students in their chosen endeavours.
Within a contemporary learning environment, the role of a Teacher Librarian has two key dimensions:
• Teaching and learning;
• Information and resource management.
• Be appropriately qualified as a secondary Teacher Librarian.
• Have experience in working with library systems.
• Have demonstrated successful teaching and behaviour management strategies.
• Have the ability to design learning opportunities to enhance information processing skills, critical thinking and inquiry learning to deepen student knowledge of curriculum content and information literacy.
• Have the ability to manage the Library learning space and source an engaging and relevant physical and virtual collection.
• Oversee the work of other library personnel, volunteers and external providers, as appropriate, as delegated by the Principal.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
• Have the ability to assess and provide feedback on student learning using relevant data.
• Have a sound knowledge of OLIVER and information technology.
• Have the ability to design contemporary and innovative learning opportunities in collaboration with teachers.
• Have the ability to model and share best practice regarding innovative and emerging technologies.
• Have the ability to develop policies and procedures for the effective use and management of the learning spaces in collaboration with other teachers and relevant staff.
• Have the ability to plan and evaluate collaboratively with teachers and incorporate technology and information literacy through the KLAs.
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with NSW and ACT Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Sunday 08 December, 2019
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
ASC Head of Campus
All Saints College, St Mary's Campus
16 Grant Street
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
• a corporate fitness program;
• employee assistance program (EAP);
• paid parental leave;
• training and staff development programs;
• access to long service leave after just five years;
• opportunity for leasing motor vehicles; and
• 9.5 per cent superannuation.
Please provide your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria directly to Head of Campus – Marc Romano: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday 8th December, 2019 at 11.59PM
*Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*