Secondary Teacher (m/f) – Mathematics (Part Time as Parental Leave Cover)
Job Start: 26 February 2018
Location: Könneritzstraße 47, Leipzig, Germany
Contract: Part time 29,33 h/w (22 periods), time limited contract of employment until 30 June 2018
Leipzig International School is an independent non-profit day school for students from Nursery to Grade 12. It provides a high-quality international education, conducted predominantly in English, to children of all backgrounds; thereby supporting a diverse community and promoting international understanding. Over 190 staff members from all over the world work together to create a stimulating and exciting learning environment for our children whose families come from over 70 countries. Established in 1992, the school has grown and developed significantly over the past years. It operates at two locations: on Könneritzstraße (School, Grades 1 through 12) and on Karl-Heine-Straße (Kindergarten).
Our good academic results, benchmarked against the International Schools’ Assessment and the IGCSE and IB international examinations, are proof of the quality education we provide at Leipzig International School. The school is fully accredited by the Council of International Schools as well as the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Are you interested in becoming part of an international team? Do you believe that education is about learning how to become a citizen of the world? Then we are looking forward to hearing from you!
We are seeking a part-time Secondary School Teacher starting 26 February 2018 who will join the Secondary School Mathematics department.
As the ideal candidate you should be a person who is able to teach mathematics across the school including IBDP and IGCSE courses. You will support the development and learning of children in a caring and inspiring way and recognize that an education in mathematics is about transferable skills as well as content. There are three parallel classes in each grade level which means that you will be part of a team that plans units and assessments together. Teachers at LIS are encouraged to work in a range of ways with their classes to allow individuals, pairs and groups to develop the analysis, evaluation, synthesis and creation of ideas through subject content. The IB Learner Profile is a guiding document in our work.
You should be:
- Committed to developing a clear and challenging programme for our students
- Positive, encouraging and able to motivate students
- An enthusiastic and inspiring classroom practitioner
- Focused on children’s learning and development
- Flexible, open to change, and solution-oriented
- Patient, kind and prepared to accept that you may not be right
- Well-organised, ethical and rich in empathy
- A degree in mathematics or a mathematical science
- A teaching certification or qualification
- Experience of working in an internationally-minded and diverse school community
What we offer:
- Wonderful students who are interested in learning
- The benefit of ongoing internal and external professional development
- A dynamic and diverse workplace which continues to develop good teaching and learning practices
- An exciting and flexible model of working that effectively supports the needs of students
- The chance to engage in the life of the International School in the beautiful city of Leipzig
The job offer will be closed as soon as the suitable candidate is identified.
Leipzig is an historic, green, vibrant university city that is safe, well-connected, and in the cultural heart of Europe.
How to apply:
Please apply via our online application tool on our website www.lis.school and let us know on which website you found out about the vacant position. More information about the required application documents and a short manual how to upload your application are available under ‘Job Opportunities’.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact our HR Manager:
+49 341 – 393 77 630
More information about our mission, core objectives and values as well as our programmes are available on our website www.lis.school.