King’s College, world-renowned for academic excellence, is seeking to appoint a dynamic, inspiring and ambitious professional to the position Secondary Teacher of English (A level and / or IB) to join us on a permanent basis in August 2022.
King’s College is the leading British School in Madrid and the only School to offer GCSEs, A levels and International Baccalaureate in English. We are looking for enthusiastic, committed teachers who would like to join our successful school located in the beautiful city of Madrid. Visit our website to find out more about our thriving King’s College community.
Located on the outskirts of Madrid, King's College, Soto de Viñuelas is a vibrant, dynamic and forward-thinking school which embraces diversity and is committed to ensuring success for our pupils.
Rated “Excellent” in all areas in our recent ISI inspection, we have an exciting opportunity for a Teacher of English to join our highly successful team. We are seeking to appoint a flexible and creative practitioner with excellent subject knowledge and interpersonal skills, committed to building strong working relationships with pupils and colleagues.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and be fluent in English.
- Renowned as one of the world’s leading British International Schools
- 1,540 pupils aged from 20 months to 18 years
- Founded 50 years ago
- A track record of sending high numbers of pupils to leading Russell Group and Ivy League universities
- Superb facilities including a brand new Science building and Sports Hall
- Consistently excellent SAT, IGCSE and A Level results
- Situated in a purpose built campus in a leafy suburb of Madrid, 20 minutes from the city centre and Barajas airport
- Member of HMC, COBIS, ISC, and BSA; Inspected by ISI
- Flagship school of the King's Group (Madrid, Murcia, Alicante, Panama and UK)
- A dynamic and pro-active teacher, preferably with independent sector or international experience
- Strong team player willing to support other colleagues
- Excellent working knowledge of the English National Curriculum and recent developments
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Pastoral responsibility or experience would be an advantage
- Willingness to contribute to the wider life of the school
- Knowledge of Spanish, or willingness to learn Spanish would be an advantage
We are currently looking to appoint an individual who has:
• Achieved Qualified Teacher status (Applications from NQTs also welcome)
• A degree or equivalent in the subject to be taught
• Experience in teaching and the ability to motivate a diverse student body
• Strong IT skills
In return we will provide you with:
• The opportunity to work in the stimulating environment of our dedicated and hardworking English Department
• Support with CPD and professional development needs
• A positive and modern working environment
To find out more about this exciting opportunity to join the Academic Teaching team at a King's Group School in Spain please send us an updated CV as well as a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 10th December
1. Local Area Information
The main site of the school is approximately twenty km from Madrid. Largely surrounded by countryside the school offers an excellent educational environment. By September nearly all teaching rooms will be equipped with inte...