Short school introduction:
PORG group, founded in 1990 has a leading educational position in the Czech Republic. In our three campuses (2 in Prague, 1 in Ostrava) we currently have over 1100 students (aged 6 – 19).
Our schools are offering bilingual education based on combining Czech and British national curriculum. We are accredited World IB school providing IB Diploma Programme. High academic standard of our students is regularly confirmed by their excellent results in various independent tests as well as by above average IB results (our longer term average is over 38 points, last year we were evaluated as the best IB school in continental Europe).
What we seek:
For Novy PORG, a prestigious, bilingual, highly selective and accredited World IB School, located in historical city of Prague in the heart of Europe, we seek positive, experienced, energetic and reliable teacher for the position of Secondary Teacher of English Language.
Vacancy is designed as teaching of English Language and Literature based on IGCSE and/or IB DP English. The school is seeking a flexible person, willing to offer also some ESL lessons for younger students.
The successful applicant will have:
- a passion for teaching
- a commitment to students' success
- excellent teaching, communication and presentational skills
- the ability to meet the deadlines and work under pressure
- a willingness to contribute to extra-curricular activities
- bachelor´s degree with teaching qualification (PGCE,…)
- at least three years of experience teaching English Language is essential
- experience in teaching IB DP English is a big plus but not necessary
In return, we offer:
- the opportunity to participate in an exciting project
- enthusiastic and intelligent students who enjoy a challenge
- a friendly working environment shared by dedicated, hard-working colleagues
- Professional Development courses both external and internal
- IB training
- an initial two-year contract, renewable by mutual agreement
- full time job (22 teaching lessons/week)
- above average remuneration
- assistance with moving to the Czech Republic
- full health insurance provided in accordance with Czech Labour Laws
- school lunches and snacks
- ITIC card
For further information about our school, please visit our website www.porg.cz
To apply, please send short cover letter, CV and two referees.
Selected candidates will be invited for interviews. Please note that we will start with interviews from February 5th, at the earliest. Thank you for understanding.
Interviews will be conducted either in person in Prague, or by Skype (depending on circumstances).