POST: Secondary Teacher of German at Safa Community School, Dubai
In 2019 the school was awarded the title of ‘Best New School in the UAE’ and 2021 shortlisted as a finalist for ‘Most loved’, ‘Happiest’ and ‘Best Value Added’ for schools across the UAE. The school has one of the best staff retention rates in Dubai and was voted one of the 15 Best Schools in the UAE by the Schoolscompared.com survey.
Safa Community School is an all-through UK curriculum school, from FS1 to Year 13, with 2,070 on roll. (@safa_scs and Safa Community School Youtube . We pride ourselves on our high standards across all aspects of school life. This includes high academic progress and a wide variety of extra-curricular success.
Safa Community School is seeking to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic Teacher of German to join our highly successful department. The successful candidate would be expected to teach across the age and ability range, up to and including A-Level.
This is an exciting time to join SCS with a new Senior School extension offering more world-class facilities completing in September 2022.
The school has proven GCSE and A-Levels results over the past three years. The school’s GCSE Value Added is +1.8. A brief summary of the whole school and department performance is listed below.
9-8 % - 42%
9-6 % - 77%
9-4 % - 98%
2021 School Value Added is +1.8
General Professional Responsibilities
The professional duties of a teacher shall be deemed to include the following duties:
- Teaching, including planning and preparing courses and lessons, setting and marking of work and assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment in line with the school’s expectations and policy.
- Using data to inform classroom teaching, monitoring and tracking student progress and putting in place timely interventions.
- Preparing students for public examinations, assessing students for the purposes of such examinations, recording and reporting such assessments and attending meetings connected with the conduct of public examinations.
- Communicating and consulting with the parents of students, including the writing of reports.
- Attendance at parents’ evenings and open evenings.
- Maintaining good order and discipline among the students he/she is teaching.
- Participating in departmental meetings and Open Evenings.
- Working as a member of a team in the shaping of departmental policy and practice, the introduction of curricular initiatives, the preparation and development of programmes of study and methods of teaching and assessment.
- Participating in administrative and organisational tasks in order to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- Keeping up to date with curriculum innovation, participating in arrangements for CPD, contributing to his/her own professional development.
- Working collaboratively with support teachers in the classroom.
- Taking responsibility for the monitoring and support of a beginning teacher taking his/her class, if appropriate.
- Setting work for his/her classes where absence is known in advance and setting work for absent colleagues where required.
- Taking responsibility for a designated area of the curriculum, administration or curriculum innovation or project.
- Carrying out other tasks as reasonably directed by the Head of Department.
- Familiarising themselves with the DSIB inspection framework and the expectations of outstanding teaching and learning in the UAE.
- Being supportive of UAE initiatives and cultural expectations.
It is desirable that the successful candidate:
- Will hold relevant qualifications and QTS.
- Is able to teach up to A-Level.
- Most importantly should be enthusiastic about the subject and be able to convey this to students.
- Have an understanding of assessment and examination requirements for KS3, KS4 and KS5.
- Be an outstanding teacher with the ability to demonstrate outstanding practice and progress of students.
- Works effectively as part of a team.
- Actively keeps up to date with the developments in their subject.
- Has a willingness to develop as a professional, taking opportunities to train further within the department, or outside to progress in their career.
- Leadership opportunities are available at SCS for the right candidate.
- The ability to teach other subjects should be stated in the application.
- This job description will be reviewed regularly and may be subject to modification and amendment.
The application process is:
- All applications must be submitted via email to email@example.com
- Submit a full resume / CV.
- Submit a covering letter of no more than two A4 pages.
- Provide at least three referees’ names, telephone numbers (with international dialling codes) and email addresses. One must be a current employer.
- Please provide your Skype contact details (if you have these).
- You are welcome to visit the school informally and by arrangement with the Principal’s PA, Mrs. Leander Le Grange (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The closing date for all applications is. Thursday, 13th January 2022 at 12 noon UAE time. However, applications will be processed as received, and initial Skype interviews will be arranged for successful candidates as applications are received.
- Once initial Skype interviews are concluded, arrangements will be made individually with those candidates who will proceed to the second round of interviews. A demonstration lesson may be required.