Vacancy – Teacher of science (secondary)
Start date – August 2021
We are looking for a brilliant science teacher to join our rapidly growing school. The person appointed will need to be able to teach all science disciplines to Y7-9 in the first instance.
The Aquila School opened in September 2018, initially with only primary children, adding a year group each year- in August 2021 we will welcome our first year 9 pupils. The school is located in a residential area called Dubailand, about a 20 minute drive from the city centre.
The vision for the school is to be a happy community school with amazing learning at its heart where pupils are empowered to make choices, engage in meaningful learning experiences and make exceptional progress. Teachers should be skilled at ensuring that children are actively learning throughout each lesson.
Children and families love our school due to our focus on amazing learning and developing a sense of community and school connectedness. Teachers enjoy working here because they are genuinely empowered to teach the children what they need to learn right now.
The Aquila School is the first new build school designed and managed by The International Schools Partnerships (ISP) a UK based organisation with schools all around the world.
• Experience of teaching in the United Kingdom
• A high quality degree in science (preferably a chemistry or physics specialism)
• An outstanding teacher who is tenacious and aspirational for themselves and others
• Experience of teaching GCSE/IGCSE and A Level or IB Diploma Higher science
• Passionate about securing the very best outcomes for all children through imaginative and engaging learning
• A knowledge of current research in approaches to learning and teaching
• An unwavering commitment to the pastoral care and wellbeing of children
• A team player who is unceasingly optimistic
We offer you:
• An exciting opportunity of working in a new school
• Pupils who are motivated, engaged, insightful and a pleasure to teach
• A generous tax free salary
• High quality housing or accommodation allowance, annual flights, health insurance and end of service gratuity (for staff under our sponsorship)
• School places for up to two dependents
• Weekly CPD with opportunities to collaborate and work with outstanding leaders and teachers
• The opportunity to live and work in beautiful Dubai
How to apply:
Interested applicants should ensure they meet the person specification and apply via TES, including a copy of their updated CV. There is no closing date – we will appoint when we get the right person.
The Aquila School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.
The Aquila School
United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years