The British College of Gavá is a fast developing, forward-thinking and innovative school situated South of the City of Barcelona. In its fifth year, the school is rapidly expanding and is searching for proactive, passionate, like-minded staff to join the growing team.
Well-qualified Secondary Teachers of Science are invited to make formal applications for KS3 and KS4 teacher roles for a January 2019 start or as soon after as possible. Candidates should have a strong background in teaching the British National Curriculum as well as a creative outlook to bring learning to life.
The school will be delighted to accept applications from fully qualified teachers with QTS. Applicants should have at least 3 years of teaching experience, are native English speakers and be able to work within the EU. The post is full-time but there are part-time options available if required (min 3 days a week)
- Have a degree in a science related subject with a preference for biology or environmental sciences
- Be an accomplished classroom practitioner with the ability to inspire students towards a love for learning through stimulating activities
- Be a forward-thinking professional with ‘creative’ capabilities; able to think laterally and present material in exciting ways
- Possess the ability to provide ‘value-added’; consistently accelerating progress and raising individuals’ levels of attainment
- Have the ability to cater to the individual needs of students in a whole class setting
- Possess the capabilities and the desire to be an integral ‘team player’ working towards common goals and enjoying successes together
- Have the disposition to work in an international school environment based on mutual care and respect
- Have passion, determination and desire to succeed
- A background with IB Diploma experience is desired but not essential.
Inaugurated in September 2015, the British College of Gavá is the pilot school of a new project initiated by the ‘Education in Excellence’ brand. The school’s founders, having shared experiences directing some of the most successful groups of schools in Spain, have a vision of creating a new avant-garde group of schools that will pioneer forward-thinking educational strategies for the next generation. After opening in September 2015, the school is developing rapidly and has tripled in size in a short space of time. The school’s success is based on the outstanding practice of the teachers. It looks forward now to the next stage of development. In 2020 the school is opening a brand new suite of three science labs.
Barcelona makes for an exciting place to live and work. This city of great history and culture accommodates for a fulfilling lifestyle for people of all ages and interests. The pleasant Mediterranean climate, location by the sea, excellent standard of living and quality of cuisine prompt many people relocating to go on to stay long term. The school is situated just a couple of minutes south of the airport providing superb links back to the UK and all major European cities as well as many locations further afield.
Candidates are given support and advice in finding accommodation including a 4-night stay in a local hotel during a search, deposit payments and loans on advanced rent if required. Local health care for EU citizens is excellent.
In order to make an application:
- Submit your curriculum vitae, which should include 2 professional referees; one of which should be your current/most recent employer
- Submit a letter of application, of no more than 600 words, outlining your teaching philosophy, responding to the ‘person specification’ in this advert, and your reason(s) for applying to the British College of Gavá
- Applications should be sent for the attention of Mr John Prince, Head Teacher, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all appointments are strictly subject to our ‘Safe Recruitment’ policy.