ADAMSTOWN St Pius X High School
Vacancy TypeTemporary Full Time
St Pius X High School, Adamstown is seeking a full-time Temporary PDHPE/Child Studies Teacher to join the school for the 2020 school year.
• Enjoy the luxury of proximity at this central Newcastle site, 2 minutes from shopping centres & amenities and 5 minutes from Newcastle’s beautiful beaches;
• Work amongst modern, engaging and flexible learning environments facilitating you in delivering quality learning;
• Join a community dedicated to high standards of education for gifted and talented students as well as students with disabilities.
The community at St Pius X High School aims for excellence in all areas of study, providing a range of opportunities for all students to experience success. A co-educational Catholic school, serving students from Years 7 to 10, has a proud history and an excellent reputation in the Newcastle region. Priding itself on providing a space where the creativity, skill and talent of its teaching staff is greatly appreciated, embraced and encouraged. The curriculum incorporates both traditional and contemporary courses; with students regularly perform well above the state average in NAPLAN tests and continuing to be high achievers in the Higher School Certificate.
• A relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education;
• Ability to teach in the relevant curriculum area/s;
• High level knowledge of the relevant key learning area/s and a proven capacity to improve student learning;
• Effective classroom management and teaching skills which enable students with a diverse range of needs to achieve their full potential;
• Exemplary values and attitudes appropriate to professional practice and the intellectual, physical and social development of students;
• Ability to successfully implement and evaluate curriculum initiatives in accordance with curriculum and standards framework;
• Demonstrated capacity to reflect critically upon professional practice and commitment to ongoing professional learning;
• Commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities as a member of the school team;
• Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and other teachers;
• Use of interpersonal skills to develop positive relationships with students, school staff and the wider community;
• Willingness to fulfil the requirements of the CSO Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy.
• Current NESA Accreditation and Paid Working With Children Check (WWCC);
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training;
• Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead 2018 - formerly the Faith Education Accreditation (FEA) Policy 2012;
• Current Accreditation at Category B – Accreditation to Teach (Teaching staff who do not teach Religion) or working towards this accreditation.
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Tuesday 07 April, 2020
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Pius X High School
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
• a corporate fitness program;
• employee assistance program (EAP);
• paid parental leave;
• training and staff development programs;
• access to long service leave after just five years;
• opportunity for leasing motor vehicles; and
• 9.5 per cent superannuation.
Please provide your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria directly to Principal – Bob Emery: email@example.com
Applications close: Tuesday 7 April, 2020. 3pm.
*Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*