SIS Swiss International School operates 16 bilingual, private day schools in Switzerland, Germany and Brazil. More than 3.600 students attend our classes from preschool through to secondary school. They come from local as well as from international families and learn in German (or Portuguese) and in English.
SIS Swiss International School Friedrichshafen provides a complete education from preschool through to secondary school and university entrance qualification. Throughout all stages, subjects are taught in German and English. Our school community comprises staff members and families from all over the world, working together to deliver a stimulating and exciting learning experience to our students. Estab-lished in 2009, the school has grown to more than 230 students.
Our bilingual Secondary School is open all day from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., lessons take place from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. School days are divided into regular intervals with time for learning, play and breaks.
At our bilingual, private Secondary School, English and German are given equal weight. Each subject is typically taught in one language – either in English or in German – for the duration of one school year. We teach according to the Baden-Württemberg curriculum. In the interest of a solid and broad education, we focus not only on bilingualism, but also on mathematics and the natural sciences. We conduct science projects on a regular basis, both as part of normal lessons as well as at off-campus locations.
In our school in Friedrichshafen, we teach on the grounds of a historical building which has been converted into a modern campus and offers a stunning view of the Swiss alps. Situated near Lake Constance, the Friedrichshafen area offers a wealth of leisure activities like hiking, swimming, cycling, water sports and winter sports.
• Fully qualified teacher (PGCE / QTS / 2. Staatsexamen or equivalent qualification plus teaching experience)
• passion for teaching and supporting children in all areas
• team spirit and openness to new experiences
• native or near native level of English, good understanding of German preferred
• ability to work in a team and interest in being part of an innovative and international staff
• the opportunity to actively participate in the educational development of the school by contributing your own ideas
• an open and welcoming atmosphere
• a stimulating professional learning and working environment characterised by the ideas of a teaching team made up of various nationalities
• manifold staff development opportunities with a particular focus on bilingual education
• employee benefits (e.g. school fee reduction for own children, company pension scheme etc.)
• a campus with an international flair in an idyllic location near Lake Constance
Please send your complete application documentation via email to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
For further information about SIS Friedrichshafen and the vacancy, please contact the principal, Shane Lions (phone +49 7541 954 37 0).