Catholic Schools Office Maitland- NewcastleBooragul
Contract type: Part Time
Contract term: Temporary
Reference No : 9526
Closing Date: Thursday 29 October, 2020
Location: BOORAGUL St Paul's Catholic College
Vacancy Type: Temporary Part Time
Hours/FTE: 0.4 FTE
St Paul’s Catholic College, Booragul is seeking a temporary part-time (0.4) TAS and VET Teacher to join the school community commencing in Term 1, 2021. This position is temporary due to the permanent imcumbent accessing flexible working arrangements.
St Paul's Catholic College offers an inclusive, welcoming and comfortable environment. The calm, nurturing setting has been designed to allow students and staff to feel at home in developing their varied capacities and skills. The growth of the students is nurtured and encouraged by a supportive faculty through the provision of creative freedom, empowerment of the individual and opportunities for prayer and reflection. The curriculum, both formal and informal, focuses on spiritual growth and reflects a respect for the diversity of all 950 students, their differing levels of abilities, strengths, weaknesses and gifts.
Teachers in a Catholic school have a unique role to play and are assigned with the task of ensuring each child has the opportunity to grow both academically and spiritually and to live purposeful lives.
The teacher will promote the school as a place of learning and excellence in accordance with contemporary evidence-based learning and wellbeing principles (including digital learning) and will ensure the ongoing development and implementation of pedagogical practices that impact on student learning outcomes.
The Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle has an abiding commitment to promote the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and vulnerable adults - particularly those who participate in the life of the Diocese. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check and, where legislated, hold a Working with Children Check. Diocesan workers are expected to personally adopt and enact the Diocese’s Safeguarding Commitment Statement.
• Ability to articulate a clear understanding of and a personal commitment to Catholic Education and to actively supporting the Catholic ethos and culture of the school
• Ability to apply appropriate knowledge in order to plan and prepare contemporary and compliant teaching and learning programs in your nominated areas which meet the diverse characteristics, needs and learning styles of students; and encourage them to work towards attainment of their potential
• Demonstrated ability to effectively utilise data to optimise organisational and educational outcomes
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with school staff and members of the wider community in order to establish productive partnerships and achieve educational outcomes.
• Desire to contribute to the establishment of a staff wide culture of professional learning, reading and reflective practice.
• Demonstrate an innovative and agile mindset that supports and enhances a culture of continuous improvement within the school environment
• Evidence of excellent organisational and administrative skills
The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Current NESA Accreditation;
• Current Paid Working with Children Check (WWCC)number;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training.
• Demonstrated experience teaching VET: Construction
Finishing Date: 17/12/2021
Conditions of Employment: Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Applications Close: Thursday 29 October, 2020
Instructions: Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
St Paul's Catholic College
PO Box 194
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
To apply: Please provide a cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria along with your resume and directly to Principal – Graeme Selmes: email@example.com Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees two of whom must be the person's current principal and previous supervisor. If you are applying as a Graduate Teacher, please provide contact details for your most recent Supervising Teacher. If you are not currently working in a school, please provide your previous supervisor/principal. Please ensure you provide out of hours contact details for your referees also, not providing these details can delay the recruitment process.
*Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*
Applications close: Thursday 29th October, 2020. 3.00pm