We have an opportunity for a Security Officer to join our Estates department. As a Security Officer, you will support in providing a safe, secure and welcoming environment for students, staff and visitors to the College.
This role will involve undertaking security duties to ensure that the relevant campus is opened and closed, secured and alarmed at agreed times, as well as regular patrols to monitor security and reporting any issues through the appropriate channels.
See what we have to offer and come and join us. For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification above.
As a Security Officer, you should:
- Have previous experience of front line security
- Hold a SIA Licence
- Hold a Full Driving licence
- Hold a GCSE in English and Maths grade A*-C / grade 9 - 4 or equivalent
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to remain calm and professional in a range of situations, quickly assessing and diffusing situations in line with College policies and values
- Able to follow procedures and guidance as necessary
- The ability to operate College in house CCTV in line with College policy and Data Protection requirements
Average 37 hours per week – annualised over the year.
Working patterns will vary between term time and non-term time and may be subject to change due to the needs of the service and therefore some flexibility is required.
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing date: 11.00am on Friday 29 September 2017
Interview date: Monday 16 October 2017
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people. Adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.