Smart Teachers is recruiting for a SEMH/SEN teacher for KS4 to work within an independent school for students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. This independent therapeutic school caters for students from Year 1 to Year 11, and the SEMH/SEN Teacher be required to teach students within KS4. This is a full time role in a school that caters for students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. This is a permanent contract starting in February 2020, with a salary of £30,000 dependent upon qualification and experience. This would be suitable for a secondary trained teacher.
About the Role
• SEMH / SEN teacher to teach students in KS4
• Small class sizes of up to 8 children per class – often less.
• Less than 30 students on site
• To work with others to support pupils emotionally using the school’s therapeutic approach so that they can overcome barriers to learning; this inevitably includes effectively managing difficult behaviour throughout the day
• Ensuring books, assessments, reports and learning environments are outstanding
• Working with the other staff in the classroom to professionally and effectively achieve team goals
• Primary or secondary trained teachers would be suitable for this role.
About the School
• Independent school based in South East London
• Stable and established team of staff includes support staff, teachers and qualified therapists and a solid Senior Leadership Team
• Daily briefings are held with all members of staff, which is particularly important given the SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties) needs of the students
• 80 students currently attend the school, and are based across 3 sites.
• Challenging behaviour, detachment disorders and global development delay are commonplace across the classes
• Padded time-out room available
• Apple macs with the latest technology are found in every classroom
• Provides extensive professional development for staff
• Provides training in Team Teach and First Aid, as well as ongoing CPD support and workshops from the school.
In order to be considered for this role, the SEMH / SEN KS4 Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number LXD29945SEMH
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.