Cheadle Hulme High School
SEMH Specialist Learning Support Assistant (Social, emotional and mental health)
Permanent position - required as soon as possible
Hours: 37 per week term time only
Salary: Scale 6 (Actual salary £19,836.)
We are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant with experience and training who can provide specialist support and intervention for students in our Student Support Department.
Many students with special educational needs have significant social, emotional and mental health difficulties, such as those with Autism, ADHD or acute depression and anxiety disorders. We are committed to ensuring that students with SEMH have every opportunity to succeed within a supportive and caring school environment.
We work closely with students, parents/carers and outside agencies to:
• Create an environment in which students with SEND can fulfil their potential
• Enable students with SEND to function as independently as possible within the school environment and the outside world
• Create a partnership in which the school, home and other agencies work together for the benefit of students with SEND.
We are looking for:
• Professional experience of working with young people with SEMH
• A minimum of 5 GCSEs A* - C including Maths and English and preferably training in SEN and/or higher level qualification
• Excellent communication and planning skills
Cheadle Hulme High School is the founder school of the Laurus Trust, a new multi-academy Trust in the North West of England.
In the list of top secondary state schools, CHHS holds 25th position nationally for comprehensive schools and was judged outstanding in every single category by Ofsted in 2011 and 2015. We are home to the Altius Alliance centre of excellent providing School Centred Initial Teacher Training. (SCITT).
The vision of the Trust is for everyone regardless of background or circumstance to be inspired, to thrive in all environments, to recognise what it takes to success, to set aspirational goals and work hard to achieve them.
The Laurus Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
If you want to work in a highly ambitious and successful school and believe you have the vision and commitment to join our team, then we would like to hear from you.
To apply, please click the button below. (CVs will not be accepted)
Deadline for applications: 9am on Monday 30th October 2017
Interviews to be held: Monday 6th November 2017