ABC Teachers, part of TES, are seeking to recruit experienced SEN Teachers for a Pupil Referral Unit in Newcastle-under-Lyme.
The role will be on supply, covering day to day roles as well as potential long-term cover although this is not guaranteed.
The school deals with students with challenging behaviour and is based in a secondary setting (11-16). Class sizes are small and therefore requires an individual with good behaviour management as well as someone who has experience in a relevant setting. We require you to have QTLS and have experience teaching in an SEN setting or mainstream setting in the last 5 years. Team Teach or restraint training will also be beneficial.
You will demonstrate a professional approach and be able to take the initiative and work effectively with permanent staff members and have the aptitude to form good relationships and be able to communicate effectively with SEN individuals. It is vital that you hold a valid, recognised qualification (QTLS or NQT).
Please only apply if you have the above.
What to do next:
• To be considered for this position you will be required to attend a face to face registration and hold an enhanced DBS check in Child Workforce. At the registration we will discuss in more detail the work that you are looking for, your experience to date, and also how we are going to work best for you.
• We will need to gain academic references to cover the last 12 months, one of which must be a school-based reference. Our compliance team have a rigorous safeguarding and clearance process; this is how we know we are working with the best possible team of staff to employ in our schools.
• Click to apply today! Or contact Richard Stonehouse by sending your CV to: email@example.com or call 0121 4812230 to discuss registering with us further.
• Once you are fully cleared for work then you will be contacted by your consultant who will be able to tell you more about the roles currently available and what may be suitable to yourself. Each of our consultants covers their own individual areas across from the Midlands and across Staffordshire. We also have a second office in Loughborough where they cover the East Midlands also.
• ABC Teachers are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
• We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.