Outstanding SEND Learning Support Assistant Required for Marden Lodge Primary School.
Marden Lodge is a community primary school educating children from age two years to eleven years. Our school is set in lovely grounds and our forward thinking approach and dedicated staff aim to provide the best education for our children, bringing learning to life through our thematic curriculum.
As an academy within GLF Schools, we benefit from sharing outstanding resources, and support in every aspect of school life from learning and teaching to staffing and educational expertise.
We are now looking for an excellent Learning Support Assistant who will play a key role in supporting the learning of a pupil with their individual needs.
The successful candidate will support the class teacher with their responsibility for the development and exceptional education of the children. They will have experience of SEN and will provide specific support to meet the needs of individual children, including those with EHCP. Also to use routine supervision and care skills to support these children.
The successful candidates will also need to be able to work collaboratively and flexibly within our team, build good working relationships with both children and adults and demonstrate a respectful and caring attitude towards all our children.
The role is:
• 30 hours per week post supporting a child with behavioural needs and Learning difficulties (Daily 8.45 am – 3.30)
• Term time only and temporary whilst the child is on roll
The ideal candidate will:
• An experienced Learning Support Assistant, preferably with KS1 experience
• Able to develop positive relationships with young people, valuing their diversity, in order to enhance their learning and social development
• Able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child with whom you are supporting.
• Able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour
• Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
• A reflective learner
• Effective in communicating with parent
For information about the role or to arrange a visit to the school, please contact the school office.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.