The Bramble Academy is one of 3 schools around Mansfield within the Evolve Trust. The Trust is passionate about quality education; all of our schools have one simple mission – to give our children the very best education possible and the very best start in life. We place our pupils and students at the heart of everything we do. Our Trust is unique with the combination of mainstream and special schools, enabling staff to beneﬁt greatly from collaborative learning as well as the latest pedagogical research ensuring that the children and students in our care receive a first class education.
We are committed to providing exceptional learning opportunities for all our staff. A truly unique place to enhance your professional learning and development. We offer highly individualised and award winning professional development which is available to all staff and include bespoke, accredited training, personal coaching, mentoring as well as exceptional shadowing and deployment opportunities across the trust.
The Evolve Trust is innovative and is at the forefront of educational thinking within a vibrant and inclusive family of academies. We are passionate about improving children’s life chances and this is reflected in our core values of Ambition, Integrity, Inclusivity, Resilience and Endeavour.
The Trust are committed to the personal and professional wellbeing of all our staff and as such are a working partner of Schools Advisory Service which provides staff with fantastic wellbeing and health related benefits.
The Bramble Academy is a community primary school with the capacity to have up to 230 children, including our nursery, on roll. From gardeners to writers, explorers to sports people (sometimes all in the same day!) our children make this school a happy place to be. We believe in opening minds, creating opportunities for all to believe in themselves, achieve their potential and develop the skills needed to succeed and enjoy life.
We are seeking to appoint a SEN Administrator Assistant. The successful candidate will join a dedicated team seeking to improve the outcomes and lives of all children in the community we serve.
We are looking for someone who:
• To provide a comprehensive and fully confidential secretarial service as required.
• To work with the DHT to ensure that the statutory SEN and Safeguarding requirements are met.
• To coordinate EHCP and related meetings and prepare associated paperwork.
• To ensure electronic records are maintained, including review outcomes.
• To liaise with alternative education providers to access tracking and attendance data.
• To liaise with external support agencies to plan for reviews and facilitate actions.
We can offer you:
• Wonderful children!
• A leadership team who are committed to excellence and innovation.
• Friendly and welcoming staff.
• The right resources and support to develop our children.
You will be able to:
• Flexible working approach to accommodate day to day operational matters to attend, as necessary, out of hours meetings and events.
• Be aware of the Data Protection Act and other legislation to ensure confidentiality of records and information.
• Responsibility for the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children to act as a mentor to a small number of students.
• To undertake switchboard and reception duties as requested.
• Undertake general hospitality as requested.
• To coordinate the administration for disadvantaged groups including SEN, PP and LAC.
• To produce documentation as required, working to short deadlines and ensuring that all documents are fully and accurately completed.
• To create relevant documents and undertake data inputting and the manipulation of data to produce reports and statistics.
• To assist with the opening and to prioritise, deal with and distribute all correspondence addressed to SEN/LAC/PP.
• To receive telephone calls ensuring that:
o Calls are dealt with by the appropriate personnel
o Ad hoc queries are dealt with directly
• To manage the SENCO’s diaries, appointments, arranging meetings and venues, arranging hospitality, taking minutes and undertaking follow-up action as necessary.
• To manage the Team’s filing systems, preparing such papers as may be required for meetings and appointments.
• To support students as required.
• To make regular contact with AP to ensure safeguarding compliant and collate progress data.
• To support the academy to ensure that safeguarding requirements are met.
• Be aware of the Data Protection Act and other legislation to ensure confidentially of records and information.
• Responsibility for the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Should you wish to apply for the post, please complete and return an application form along with a covering letter, using the TES Quick apply system.
Please ensure your application arrives by 9.00am on 20th January 2020.
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume that unfortunately, on this occasion, your application has not been successful.
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the DBS.