SEN Autism Teacher for September 2018
Salary: MPS + SEN 1
Contract: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
We wish to appoint for September 2018 a Teacher with an outstanding track record who is ambitious and is ready for an exciting new challenge.
Heartlands Community Trust are currently embarking on the exciting journey of opening a new Special School providing 104 places for children between the ages of 5 and 19 on the autistic spectrum. The post holder will be part of the newly opened The Grove School which will open its doors in September 2018 to 42 pupils across primary, secondary and post 16 departments. The school will be co-located on a split site for the first year whilst our brand new building is refurbished ready to move into the following year.
This is a rare opportunity to be involved in the founding of a new school; as a member of our team you will be part of the development and planning process. If you relish in being able to make your mark with innovative and creative practice and you are excited about making a real difference then this role will provide you with the scope to achieve this.
The post holder will be responsible for leading a class team ensuring there are high quality and effective learning opportunities for all students. Class sizes are small and our experienced teams offer support with a collaborative approach to teaching. The post holder will also be expected to work closely with our multi-disciplinary teams.
The successful candidate will be required to:
● Have previous experience of working within an Inclusive team;
● Have had either primary school training or be able to teach a primary style curriculum as adopted within special schools;
● Have previous experience of teaching in an Autism-specific environment;
● Work closely within the school team;
● Have a passion for Autism Education and the Inclusion Agenda;
● Have experience of completing SEN assessments and differentiated plans;
● Be able to undertake specialist teaching on a 1:1, small group and whole-class basis;
● Be a motivational teacher for all abilities ensuring learning is engaging and inclusive;
● Work within and contribute to the school community;
● Have a commitment to an integrated, therapeutic approach and ethos;
● Be very flexible and adapt quickly to change
Please contact our Human Resources department on 0208 826 1230 or send an email to HR@heartlands.haringey.sch.uk if you require any further information or wish to visit the school prior to application.
Application packs can be downloaded from TES online or the school website: www.heartlands.haringey.sch.uk
Closing date by 12 pm on Monday 19th February 2018.
Interviews will take place on Friday 23rd February 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the School.
Heartlands community Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and young people. The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete a DBS check.
We encourage applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population.
Please click on the 'Quick Apply' button below to submit your application today.