We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated teacher who has a passion to work creatively to deliver the curriculum to a class of up to 11 children with Severe and Complex Needs.
Tubbenden is a three form Primary School with an Additionally Resourced Provision for Children with Severe and Complex Needs in three classes. We work as a team and share a clear understanding of what we are aiming to achieve. We are open to new ideas, and prepared to try new things! Our Ofsted report describes the school as being ‘an incredibly caring school’ and that ‘a nurturing community where everyone is valued’.
Experience in teaching children with SEN is desirable but not a necessity. A flexible approach to learning and a good sense of humour are essential.
Candidates will need to:
- be committed to high standards of behaviour, achievement and personal development
- have an understanding and experience of delivering new approaches to teaching and learning including a sensory curriculum
- be an excellent classroom practitioner
- have a strong commitment to helping students of all abilities succeed
- be innovative and inspirational to both students and colleagues
Our school can offer:
- a friendly and supportive working environment
- experienced teaching assistants in the Provision
- supportive parents
- continuing professional development
The successful candidate will be expected to be fully committed to the ethos and aims of the school.
You would be most welcome to visit. This can be arranged by emailing Mrs Vineall, the Headteacher’s PA: email@example.com or telephone: 01689 851653.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 21st May 2019 at noon
Interviews will be held on Friday 24th May 2019
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of appointment for post is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Please apply by using the following link https://recruitment.bromley.gov.uk/wrl/ to see a further advertisement and to access the Application Form. Using the Job Description and Person Specification, explain why, in no more than 500 words, you would particularly suit the position. If you have not been contacted within one week of the closing date, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please note that we cannot accept CVs.
Tubbenden Primary School is a member of the South Orpington Learning Alliance (SOLA).