SEN Class Teacher
Bladon House School – an Independent Special School on the Derbyshire/Staffordshire border for young people with Moderate and Severe Learning Needs.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a recently (March 2019) inspected ‘Good’ school where the promotion of “pupils’ personal development and welfare is OUTSTANDING.”
The job role:
• Teaching a class of 4-6 young people (aged 13-18) with Severe Learning Needs (P3-NC Level 1)
• Ensuring progress towards EHCP outcomes and learning intentions using the EQUALS semi-formal curriculum and MAPP.
• Leading a team of teaching assistants and support staff
• Working with and modelling therapy programmes to develop communication and self-regulation skills
• Managing physically and emotionally challenging behaviour including the use of physical intervention
• Promoting the well-being of young people and staff
• Being positive and adaptable
In order to be successful applicants must have SLD experience.
Benefits include a 52 week contract paid monthly with school holidays, Employee Assistance Programme, pension and The Bladon Perks!
Salary is in line with national teacher salaries and includes an SEN point.
Bladon House School is a residential special school for young people from 5-19 with Special Educational Needs including autism, attachment, PWS, moderate learning difficulties, severe learning difficulties, communication needs, therapeutic needs (including speech and language and sensory processing needs), and associated challenging behaviour.
A school visit prior to application is A REQUIREMENT.
Monday 11th November – 2pm or 4pm
Tuesday 12th November – 2pm or 4pm
Wednesday 13th November – 8am, 10am, 2pm or 4pm
Please contact Millie.Dennett@senadgroup.com to book a visit.
Bladon House School and The SENAD Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and visitors to share this commitment. As part of the appointment process we will undertake checks to ensure that you do not pose a risk of harm to children or young people - the successful candidate will be required to apply for an enhanced DBS check and will be subject to thorough background checks. This shall also include an employer reference obtained prior to interview.
The SENAD Group is dedicated to equality of opportunity in all areas of work, education and care.
Visit www.senadgroup.com/careers for further information and to download an application pack. Or contact Millie Dennett, HR Advisor on 01283 563787 for more details.
Closing date: 9am on 15th November 2019
Date for interviews: 21st November 2019
Bladon House School, Newton Solney, Burton on Trent, Staffordshire, DE15 0TA