SEN Class Teacher (Upper School)
£32,161 - £37,278 per annum (plus potential TLR allowance)Muswell Hill, LondonFull Time
TreeHouse School is a happy and vibrant community where children and young people with autism learn, thrive and achieve. We have over 90 pupils on roll, ranging from 5 – 19 years of age. All pupils in the school have a diagnosis of autism and have TreeHouse School named in their Statement or EHC plan. The school was inspected by Ofsted in October 2012 and found to be outstanding in all areas – the first ABA School in the country to secure that grade.
Our approach is based on our values. It is person centred and uses behavioural principles to help individuals to achieve their full potential. The focus is on the learning needs of each individual. Every person is unique and has a unique experience of the world. We work closely with the child or young person and their family and carers to identify the things that are important to them and use these aspirations to plan an appropriate learning programme that includes the National Curriculum. It is this personalised and collaborative approach which enables us to provide the highest quality teaching, learning and support.
We are seeking an outstanding and inspirational teacher, ideally with training and experience in EYFS/KS 1-4 of the National Curriculum, to join our Upper School teaching team.
We are looking to recruit an outstanding teacher who:
- Has high expectations of our pupils’ learning and a commitment to providing education that promotes excellent progress and improves life chances, ‘making the ordinary possible’
- Consistently models excellent practice to colleagues in planning and delivery of teaching and learning
- Has experience of using a range of assessments to monitor pupil progress and of using data to inform planning, target setting and reporting
- Has experience of teaching children with SEN (in a mainstream or special setting) and ideally experience of teaching children with autism
- Has a clear understanding of our school context and a passion to work with our amazing pupils to enable them to achieve and progress
- Has the ability and experience, (or ambition in the future) to lead and co-ordinate one or more of our core curriculum areas (including either English or Maths)
- Is passionate, ambitious and highly motivated to develop their teaching and potentially leadership skills and knowledge
- Has knowledge or experience of ABA and/or a willingness to learn (more) about how this approach supports effective learning
- Is particularly interested in working as part of a multidisciplinary team that includes Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Behaviour Analysts and specialist teachers
- Has a sound understanding of, and commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- Has high expectations of self and others (colleagues and pupils)
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and to communicate with parents, carers and external professionals
- Has experience of leading and supporting the development of colleagues through coaching or mentoring.
- Amazing children and supportive, talented and committed colleagues
- A dynamic and energetic environment focused on delivering our vision and ethos
- A comprehensive induction programme and excellent opportunities for CPD in areas including autism, leadership and coaching
- A purpose-built building and well resourced learning environment
- The opportunity to join an ambitious and growing organisation that is determined to deliver the best possible outcomes for our pupils and excellent career development for our staff
- Excellent benefits including generous annual leave entitlement, life assurance, enhanced family friendly leave options, enhanced sick pay entitlement, childcare vouchers, season ticket interest free loan and eye care vouchers
Please create an online account by registering and complete an online application form to apply for this fantastic vacancy.
Closing date: Sunday 25th June 2017 (midnight)
Interviews: To be confirmed
Start Date: 4th September 2017
Ambitious about Autism is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons from all sections of the community. If you would like to discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may need as part of your application, please email or call Adele Yilmaz, Senior Recruitment Officer (School and Charity Link) on. Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
This post is a designated customer facing role under the fluency duty and requires a specified level of spoken English as stated in the person specification.
Please note we have not engaged any agencies to work on this role and only direct applications will be considered.